Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default And that's why I don't trust manufacturers recommendations!

A lesson I learned on 32years as a technician is don't trust manufacturers maintenance intervals for their products. Do you really believe they care about your purchase? Do you really believe they make the better oil for you bike or car? The reality is, as soon you get out of the dealer they don't even want to honor the warranty and you trust this (**) mfg? My Can Am X3 RR's fluids were changed at 100 miles, front diff, gearbox, and engine oil - scared the heck of me when I saw the first 3 seconds of draining oil was pure grey oil! I changed it 3 times before their recommended 1000k. This Spyder oil is from 1059 mile; there's a lot of metal in the magnet and brass in the filter. I don't want that in my engine for 3k. I prefer to make 2 oil changes in that period. Also, BRP oil foams like crazy just by draining it, I can't imagine what it'd be like when it hit the crankshaft at 7000rpm. Amsoil is what my money buys.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-11-2023 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Caps/;,'s & reference changed to non-expletive reference.