Threaded View

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Time to make a decision - will I regret upgrading to 2021 RT Ltd?

I have been in the spyder game for about 8 years now. Started off with a 2014 RT after having an accident on my 2 wheeler. I loved the bike, but since I ride 95% of the time solo, I always wanted a way to take the top trunk off. I picked up a 2012 RSS on a whim because I wanted something a little sportier to ride, and it seemed to fit the bill. I only kept it for about 6 months. I loved it, but the heat was a bit much. I decided to sell my 2014 RT and traded my 2012 RSS for a 2016 F3T. That seemed to have the best of both worlds. I logged in almost 28k miles on that bike, but eventually came across a deal on a 2016 F3 Limited Special edition. This is my current bike, and I love it. Since my 7 months of ownership, I have logged in over 6k miles. The 2020 and up RT has really interested me because it appears to give me back the storage space that the F3 series lack, and I can still remove the top case for the more sporty look. I got a chance to test ride one for about 30 miles and it felt silky smooth, but didn't seem to have the power of my F3T or the current F3 Limited. It ran good up top, but the initial starting thrust was lacking. I might have an opportunity to pick up a 2021 RT Limited with about 500 miles at a great price. I am just wondering if I will regret making the change. I know no one can answer the question but me, but I am wondering if anyone has made the move to the newer RT series, from any of the F3 platforms, and what are your experiences?
    Here is a picture portfolio of my spyder history, and the 2021 that I might aquire.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white