Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Angry 2014 RT limited - damaged ignition lock, need solutions

Looking for advice here -
    My wife took our 2014 RT limited to work yesterday as she has been doing so for couple of years. After work she realized that some lowlife was trying to steal the bike and in the process destroyed good portion of the ignition lock

Spyderlock2.jpg

Now, she was able to insert the key, start the bike and ride home but lock is damaged. Luckily DESS did not trigger.
    Since the lock cover is pried off and black lock ring is missing this allows key cylinder to move way too much. When the key is inserted it can't be pulled out until I apply some pressure on the cylinder with needle-nose pliers.

1) Does anyone know if only key cylinder can be replaced or I need to swap the whole thing?
    2) How much should I expect to pay for dealer replacing the lock - any idea?
    3) Should I even consider replacing the lock since this one still works?

I am very mechanically inclined and I have been doing all the bike maintenance myself, so I can swap the lock myself also if I decide to go w replacement route. I know I would need to take the bike to the dealer to get lock/keys programmed but I could not find any info if I need to replace DESS module too...

Also does anyone knows of any solution that would cover and protect ignition lock so I can prevent this happening in the future?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-11-2022 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related