Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Anyone experimented with Windshield extensions?

I wonder if any of you have experimented with windshield extensions.
    I don't know what else to do; my F3 came with the Blue Ridge screen, which in my case provided no solution to helmet buffeting.
    Soon enough I installed a 7Jurock windshield, 27", the buffeting diminished somewhat but it is still annoying at anything over 60/65 mph, at 75/80 I get blurred vision. I can deal with the noise but blurred vision is another matter altogether. Leaning forward a bit and lowering my head 3/4" makes everything quiet and smooth but it's very uncomfortable.
    I use a good quality, good fitting full face helmet and as I sit on the F3, I'm looking 4/5 in" above the top of the windshield. That's how I want it, I don't want to look through it.
    I am not a fan of the looks of an extension, but would not care it it helped a good amount. This is driving me nuts, I've been riding for years and never experienced buffeting of this magnitude, simply no fun.
    Granted, all my previous rides were sport bikes, those speeds or higher were never an issue but I know... different riding position.
    Any help, suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-05-2022 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Expanded Title to briefly ask the question ;-)