Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
I think we’re making a mountain out of a mole hill. I bought a new rally on June 30, 2022. This was two weeks before the recall. I was on a long-distance trip on my previous ryker and ran into mechanical difficulties 1000 miles from home. To get the replacement part necessary for the fix, it was going to take a week and I did not have a week to sit during my vacation. So, I traded my 2019 for a 2022 - both Rallys.

So, I traded on the spot and continued on my trip. Since then I have 4500 miles on this new Ryker. No issues whatsoever. I have an appointment for the recall for this coming Friday but because I did not want to park the bike, I simply went to my neighborhood Ace Hardware store and purchased an 8x100 Hex flange head bolt and replaced the suspect Bolt and torqued to 18 pounds. No big deal.

Now you may want to sit down if you’re not already sitting - The cost of the replacement bolt was $.24. They considered general hardware and price all individual pieces cheap.
I have to agree, I think BRP is just trying to get ahead of a potential problem and playing it safe.
Was the bolt you pulled steel or aluminum?