WOW I just finished three days of " darn near perfect weather " .... which is unusual for Vermont ..... perfect temps in the high 70's ( one 82 F day ) almost cloudless sky's with brilliant colors .... I stayed within 40 mile radius of my home, on mostly back roads, some of which were hard packed gravel / dirt. I noticed today that my favorite mountain twistie road is going to close on Oct. 15th .... I stopped and spoke to a home owner who told me, they did this not because they thought it might snow, but because if we get a hard frost even a 4 WD wouldn't be able to climb the mountain ..... I get that, on my 14 RT, I go up in 2nd & 3rd, gear at max RPM's. Most of the sharp turns are posted at ... 15 mph ... I can and ... better, but not by a lot. The road is similar to the Mt Washington toll road but steeper and narrower .... like 7 - 8 ft. lanes. ..... Zero room for error - No shoulders, no guard rails. It's a really fun road annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd it's perfectly smooth, which is very unusual for Vt. because we get terrible " frost heaves " which later turn into " pot-holes " ..... The reason it stays smooth is because the road is closed from Oct. 15th to May 1st. and usually accumulates about 6 - 8 feet of snow. So the ground never freezes. .... Mike