Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Question Hate to be a party pooper but...

Got a new out of the box 2019 Spyder RT Limited in April 2021. Just passed 1000 miles on the odometer. Here's the deal.

Of course, 3 wheels is not 2 wheels. Still getting used to that. But I've got some gripes and would love to hear your comments.

I cannot enjoy the ride because of the left/right twitchiness. Bought a Baja Ron sway bar but have not yet had it installed. Hoping that will make a difference.

The Spyder size for me seems a bit cramped. I'm 5'10", 242 pounds. It seems especially cramped when riding 2-up. Duh.

I'm 65 years old, started riding with a Cyclops mini bike at age 8. I've had a lot of bikes of various styles. I'll list some highlights below. This is my first 3 wheeler. I got the Spyder cause I dumped my 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale while STOPPED AT A STOP SIGN! So the Spyder keeps me from repeating that stupidity. That's good.

But the Spyder feels a bit like a toy compared to ALL my other bikes. I don't want a toy, I want a BIKE! Being passed on the expressway at any speed by a tractor/trailer is very disconcerting.

As background for my riding experience, some of the bikes I've had are:

Honda Super Cub - 125cc
    Allstate Scooter - 90cc
    Norton Atlas - 750cc
    Harley Sportster XLCH - 900cc
    Kawasaki GPz 750
    Yamaha Venture Royale - 1200cc - which I currently still own and love.

The reason for my post is this: I really want to like the Spyder and can't quite get there. I frequently ride 2-up and the wife LOVES it.

Any thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 RT Limited , White