I’ve only had the bike for two weeks and getting ready to take it to the dealership for the 900 mile break in checkup and oil change tomorrow (it’s a freebie I negotiated!). I’ll be discussing a strange sound and ‘feel’ from the engine when I hit around 4,000 RPM, but was just wondering if this is normal or an abnormality.

I purchased the bike assuming it was ‘new’, with like 5 miles. While at the dealership, I noticed it had 45 miles on it as I was waiting for the paperwork to be completed. A bit later, it’s now closing time and raining. After donning rain gear and prepping to leave the parking lot, I was playing with the controls and hit the odometer. There was actually 147 miles on the bike (the 45 I saw was actually a trip meter). Needless to say, I was ticked, felt deceived, marched back in to the shop and told them so - hence the free 900 mile service.
Come to find out a few days later, the bike was used, supposedly, ‘by the shop’ during a customer event ride and was not used as a demo. Don’t know if this possible ‘not demo use/abuse’ could have anything to do with the strange sound/feel.
Any input is appreciated.