I'm reasonably sure that VSS uses the rotor pulses to determine the vehicle stability status. So in selecting new tires, I wanted to keep the front to back ratio of revs per mile about the same as stock. Without extensive testing of various tires, it seems the most pertinent and useful spec provided by most manufacturers is the number of rotations per mile. I was surprised that the size specifications often conflicted with the revs per mile and sometimes with the manufacturers stated tire diameter.

As an example, the Kenda 165/55R15s are larger in diameter than the Vredestein 165/60R15 tires and rotate less (24”/23.9” - 876.9/ 884.6). So, tires size calculators may lead you astray when selecting tires, if you're your goal is keeping nanny happy.

I think overall that these size differences are in the noise. With pulse count difference caused by inflation/wear/load and count differences in the front caused by cornering, nanny must have a pretty loose tolerance for wheel speed difference. Therefore, this is mostly a mental game and leads to such blathering.