Threaded View

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster 2020+ RT Mirror Locks

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...-mirror-locks/

Installed these tonight and WOW! What a difference. My right mirror was loose (left was fine) and I knew I needed something. I was a bit torn between Lamonts version or Squared Aways version. I chose Lamonts only because there was more information about them. (Most here know my level of mechanical expertise.....or lack thereof. I need all the visual help I can get.)

The whole process took me about 20 minutes. If I'd had the right tools, I probably could have done it in 15 minutes. If I had any skillz and had the right tools, I probably could have done it in 12 minutes.

You'll need the following tools: 8mm, 10mm and 12mm DEEP sockets (or the same size DEEP nut drivers) and a T20 driver/bit. (I don't have deep anything which is why I said I didn't have the right tools. I had to do part of the install with an 8mm open end wrench.)

The process itself is super simple but I'd make a suggestion. You'll need to remove the triangular trim piece (the part with the X in the pic) Lamont mentions in his video. Install the mirror base (the part that mounts to the bike with (4) T20 screws) and the main mirror section (the part that bolts to the base that the mirror and cover screw/snap on to) THEN reinstall the triangular trim piece. It's easier to reinstall it if you can get under it with your fingers to maneuver it around and you can't do that once the mirror itself is screwed back on to the main mirror section. Once the triangular trim piece is reinstalled, reinstall the mirror and cover and VOILA! You're done.

Two thumbs up to Lamont!
    Attached Images Attached Images