I have a pair of cheap wet weather pants. Unfortunately, they allowed the back half of me (from waist to knees) to get soaked yesterday whilst riding back from the dealership. Unfortunately (part 2), I have a couple "requirements". First, I'm fat. I've got a big arse so that eliminates quite a few pants/bibs. Second, I carry. Always. Like an American Express, I never leave home without it.

So, I'd prefer a set of bibs. With a rain jacket over it, there's little to no chance of getting wet (short of a little bit of water down the collar). But, with bibs, I can't carry unless they were quite a bit oversized. My Olympia Hudson jacket has a butt zipper (not really sure what or if there's an official name for it) so in theory I could zip in a pair of pants which (again, in theory) would eliminate water down the back of the pants (I think).

I've never owned a high quality pair of rain pants/bibs so I'm hoping someone here can give me some suggestions. Not saying money is no object (it is) but I want something quality that fits/works well and will last. I don't ride in the rain alot but I DO ride 12 months/year and also use rain pants as a windbreaker when it gets cold.