Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Richard St. Romain - difficulties checking the oil level?

I have a 2013 RTS RS Spyder. Changing oil & filters is not easy at all. I found that even checking oil level is not consistant depending on how quick you check oil AFTER running for 10 minutes. I also get inconsistant level readings after I drain ALL oil (overnight) then, "fill up" with recomended amounts of oil with new oil filters. After driving spyder for 10 minutes, some times, level does not even show up on on dip stick. At 82 years old, I dealt with countless lawn tractors, small boat engines, cars, trucks, motor cycles, etc. with oil changes & checking levels. They were ALL, predictibale and effective measurments with dip sticks.
    QUESTION: After putting the amount of oil the manual recomended, the level was about 1/4 inch (one quarter inch) ABOVE, the full line. Is that actually ok or, should I siphon some oil out till it gets to the "high level" mark on the dip stick??? Thanks for any information you can povide, Dick
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-19-2020 at 02:01 PM. Reason: This is a "How do I?" question not a "How to:" DIY description