Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Need to Change the back rest position on a Comfort seat?

My wife took her first extended ride on her 2020 RT limited yesterday and aside from returning in the midst of a rainstorm enjoyed her trip.

The one problem she mentioned was soreness in her back caused by the too-far-back adjustment of the factory back rest. She says the comfort seat is so deep that her back seems to be too high on the back rest to give her adequate support. I tried in vain to adjust the tilt of the back rest but find no adjustment is possible.

To better explain the problem I am attaching three photos. One shows the backrest in the forward position, another shows it upright (in the uncomfortable position) and the third shows the desired position she is looking for.

Other than finding a way to install a spacer to move the thing forward (beyond my capability) , I can't see a way to fulfill her request. If anyone has any ideas on how to address this or if there is another backrest available that may suit her better, please let us know.

pennyrick
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 06-06-2020 at 06:39 PM. Reason: This is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' diy explanation....
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)