Well I stopped by the dealership today to check out our Spyder engines and front pulleys. I got bad news almost immediately as they said they heard from BRP that the engine gasket kits won't be shipping to the dealership until late November. Its been cold lately so we won't be missing too much pleasure riding and we got a second used car two weekends ago so we can both get back and forth to work.

My Spyder just had the belt off and the front pulley removed but dltang's had the engine taken out and the clutch side cover removed. My output shaft was chewed up a bit and the pulley was quite sloppy on it. The tech told me that dltang's engine was going to be torn apart even further as he found a strange looking piece of metal stuck to the magnet on the oil plug and BRP OK'ed him to tear into the engine to find out what it came from. He took off the clutch cover to see if the little piece came from in there somewhere but there wasn't anything that looked like it was broken there. He said he's waiting to tear it apart any more until the gasket sets come in so he has a better chance of remember exactly how and where everthing goes and to minimize the time that more of the engine internals are exposed. Here's a few pics of what I saw today.

My Spyder

Deb's Spyder sans engine

The engine