It's good that you are planning well in advance. There are so many great rides and places to see that a person could spend years going from one jaw-dropping place to another. As you can see from my signature map, I have toured the western U.S. My touring has been from one to 7 weeks each year over the last 40 years. All the above suggestions are excellent. You just have to pick and choose what fits your schedule and desires. I am partial to water and boating so a couple of rides you might consider are from Anacortes, WA. From there, you can take the Ferry to Sidney, BC and do a little touring on Vancouver Island including Victoria (think England). From Victoria you can take another ferry (the Coho) to Port Angeles, WA and coutinue touring Washington State. Or, from Anacortes take the ferry to San Juan Island for a day tour of that very historic island. Be sure to save time for lunch at Roche Harbor resort. A bit spendy but worth every penny. If you don't do the Sidney trip, from Anacortes you can go south across the bridge to Whidbey Island where you can catch another ferry to Port Townsend and continue touring Washington. So many choices, so little time. Keep us posted..... Jim