Hi all. Need some advice before I accidentally blow something up.

Hadn't ridden my 2018 RTL for several weeks. Was garaged, but didn't have it on a battery tender. Came out to start it, turned the key on, gauges all lit up, hit the Mode switch to acknowledge the "read the Safety Card", then put foot on brake and hit starter button. Got one "click" and no engine turnover. Gauge display reset and went through it's "loading" cycle again. Subsequent start attempts result in same "click" trying again to restart. I'm not seeing any "scrolling error messages" on the dash display about a "bad key" or etc as listed in the Owner's Manual Troubleshooting section. Yes...I also checked the "kill switch" is in the proper position.

Figured the battery died (even though it should only be about 2 years old?). Went and bought a Battery Tender Jr and hooked it up to a pigtail under the seat from the battery (had one installed by Joe and Ann at Squared Away a while ago when they were doing some other things for me on the Spyder). The tender showed the red light when I initially connected it (ie - Dead Battery), then shortly after started the blinking green light (charging), then numerous hours later showed the solid green light (charged and maintaining status). So I tried starting the Spyder again. No joy. Same "One-Click" result pushing the starter button. Then when I plugged the tender back in it showed the red light, like there was no battery charge whatsoever again. I let it recharge again to a steady green light, but still get same results each time. I've gone through that cycle a few times with no different results. It's like the battery isn't holding a charge (?) at all despite what the Battery Tender steady green light indicates after numerous hours on the tender.

So....I bought a Micro-Start XP-10 Jump Starter Personal Power Supply (I had one for my previous 2-wheel Honda before my accident several years ago, to use on my road trips,but it "disappeared" when my Honda got towed (in pieces) from the accident site). I also ordered a new battery from Lamonster, but it won't get here until Friday. My XP-10 arrived today and it's fully charging on my kitchen counter as I type this. So....

I'm hesitant to connect the XP-10 to the "dead" (?) battery in my Spyder right now. But if I can get it to start the Spyder, what the heck. But under the circumstances, I'm not sure if the current battery is so "trashed" it wouldn't make a difference.

Any thoughts? I can't understand why even though the Battery Tender shows the battery got "fully charged" (steady green light), the Spyder still "one-clicks" with no turnover, THEN shows a totally "dead" status (red light) on the tender again. That seems to indicate it is a battery issue, and not something like a faulty starter, etc.

Appreciate any insight and/or suggestions about getting the Spyder started before the new battery gets here Friday. Or if I should just forget about that and install the new battery when it arrives.

Thanks.