Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default My new/older Spyder build

Hi, I recently purchased a used 2015 Spyder F3S SM6. It only had just over 800 miles on it. I want to use this thread as a place to show and review all of the mods (farkles) I plan on doing. I知 doing all of the mods myself. I want to thank Spyderlovers forum for a lot of great info and help so far.

So far I installed the long reach drag bars. I知 not sure what size bars were on it (short reach or what). I知 showing the difference between the 2. The drag bars have risers that go between the original Spyder mounting location to the new mounting bracket. Those spacers are about 2 inches long. This is so the bars do not hit the tank at full turn. The side by side doesn稚 look like the drag bars are that much farther away but I do ride with my arms only slightly bent whereas the originals my arms seemed more like 45 degrees. The drag bars seem a little wider and I do have to lean a little further at full turn of the bars. Overall, I like them and the straighter arms are actually more comfortable for me especially at higher speeds leaning against the wind with no windshield.

Mods in the works are the mono seat cowl, LED headlight conversion, A-arm driving LED bars, LED fog lights, power relay for electronic accessories, Baja Ron sway bar, ECU flash or Dynojet PCM, and changing color with Plasti Dip. And who knows what else. I have a real mod sickness in being able to leave things alone.