I've been following the advance marketing info/hype over the 2020 RT models and feel that BRP has made an epic marketing failure. They've been riding and demonstrating the 4 prototype RT's all over the country showing them to dealers unannounced. But why wouldn't they let the dealers know in advance when they would be there so the dealers could also let interested buyers be there. BRP is dangling incentives like an extra years' warranty, etc. for pre-orders. I and I'm sure others, might have put deposits down if there had been a chance to see the machine in person to evaluate the changes and the colors.

We decided to visit our local dealer yesterday to see if there were any holiday deals on riding gear. In talking to the salesman, he said the the #2 prototype (the blue one) showed up at their door a week and a half ago, 30 minutes before they opened. The BRP rep demonstrated the bike, let them ride it, and left after about an hour. We discussed the marketing failure aspect of their visit. Not only did customers not get to see it and potentially put down a deposit, but the dealer missed an opportunity to sell leftover 2019 stock if those potential customers did not like the new model.

At last years Maggie Valley rally, the sponsoring dealer had the first Ryker before they were available for sale. There was so much interest in it, that they had to hold a lottery to be able to ride it, and even then, it was only around the fairgrounds, not on the road. That dealer has since closed, (family decision), but at their going out of business sale, they told us that having that Ryker in advance brought in many orders.