My intent is not to start any type of debate on which types, sizes or PSIs, but to share my experience with new tires:

After reading many, many threads on the Kendas (how crappy they are) and what everyone else has replaced them with, I finally made the decision to put new shoes on

Taking it to the local shop, they took off the OEM tires (<5000 miles) and asked me if there was a reason why I'm changing them, the tread is good, decent wear, etc. I just said I hear they're not great tires and want to upgrade.

After having them put on I had a about a 40 mile ryde home, and I cannot state this enough:

NEW TIRES ARE A MUST! Not only did it feel like a completely different machine, it felt so smooth and much, much more enjoyable to ryde.

I'm not going to get into what brand and size because all that is all debatable. My point is to remind, and perhaps encourage others to look at your current OEM tires and consider making a switch to impove your experience. We all talk about farkles, and should include tires in that conversation as well. Do your own research to decide what you want, but I can definitely say...it's worth it