Good Morning.
I apologize for the lengthy post.

I purchased my 2018 F3-T back in October of last year (it was still in the crate when I made the purchase). I hit the 3000 mile mark week before last and took it to the dealer to have all of the 3000 mile inspection requirements done with the exception of the oil change, which I planned on doing myself. When I picked up my Spyder the service tech told me that the oil was over serviced, and that they had adjusted the oil level. I found that kind of odd since I have not added a drop of oil since new, and every time I have checked it it’s been right at the Full mark.

I had a work trip last week (Spyder stayed home), and didn’t get to the oil change until this past Saturday. I had purchased the oil change kit and 5 quarts of oil from BajaRon. I used the owner’s manual, and drained the oil from the engine, and transmission. Removed and replaced the oil filter. All O-Rings, and crush washers were replaced. I reinstalled the drain plugs, and torqued everything to the specs in the manual and added the 5 quarts of oil. I started the engine to check for any leaks, and all was well. No leaks, runs or errors. All panels were reinstalled.

Now the dilemma: When I checked the oil level it was just barely up to the “Min” mark on the dipstick. I texted a friend who has been riding Spyders a lot longer than I have, and he told me that 5 quarts should have filled it up to the “Full” mark on the dipstick. He suggested that I ride it a few miles and check it again. This was done, with the same results. Oil level barely at the “Min” mark. At this point, I drained the old oil into a 3.5 quart water bottle (filled to the top), and 2 of the empty oil bottles (also filled to the top). 5.5 quarts. I did check the oil level prior to starting the oil change, and the level was right at the “Full” mark on the dipstick. Still perplexed I looked at a copy of the 2019 Spyder F3 Owner’s Manual that I had, and found that BRP has changed the refill capacity on the 2019’s to 5.5 quarts.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I have emailed BRP Support, and I did receive a reply that it was being “escalated to a senior service representative”. Just to be safe I’m not going to ride it until I find out what’s going on.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Bill