Last weekend I took a ride from Salt Lake City to tour through Arches National Park and CanyonLands in southern Utah. This required me to cross the High Plains of central Utah. During this ride I experienced significant crosswinds. I saw two wheeler riders who looked dangerously close to peril because of these crosswinds, and I did need to wrestle my Spyder to keep a straight line. My riding experience, just like my technical knowledge, is scant indeed; so, I wonder whether anyone has any guidance on how to cope with buffeting crosswinds specific to our configuration of the trike?

On the same trip I inadvertently added Flex-fuel to the Spyder because it was the only one on the gas pump options signaling a step up from the lowest grade (which at that pump was 87). Since reading the manual, prompted by messages on this form, I've been adding whatever fuel is one step up from the base (which is usually called 'Silver', 'Plus' or 'Extra' at my local pumps). However, on this occasion I just glanced at the numerals and added the fuel indicated as 88 ~ and only at the end did I see I was adding fuel with 15% ethanol additive. To my question ... Is ethanol at this concentration a problem or not for the 1330 cc engine?

Thanks to all who respond to questions and offer comments here. It's my primary education about my favorite ride.

Caven