When I bought my F3T in fall of 2017, BRP had a special rebate, and added a one year B.E.S.T. warranty extension to the standard 2 years. When I got my warranty card, it showed the extended warranty, but the expiration date was 9-10 months sooner than it should be based on purchase date of my Spyder. When I called BRP, they said I had to work with the dealer. The finance guy at the dealer said he had called BRP, and was waiting for their response.

I came in month after month and got various excuses "The move to the new headquarters in Dallas has them delayed" was my favorite. I finally opened my own discussion with BRP using their website. They got back to me very quickly, called and verified my claims, and worked with the dealer. The finance guy at the dealer had NEVER opened a ticket with BRP.

Turns out my Spyder had been a demo (which I knew), and the warranty on the demo units begins when they place it into service - NOT when it is sold (didn't know that!). Fortunately for me, BRP worked with the dealer and are extending my warranty to the length I expected.

Great customer service once I figured out whose throat to choke!