Threaded View

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default OK... it's question and answer time

Hi everyone
    This question is for anyone who has or has owned what I have "see picture" fullsizeoutput_4bac.jpg
    this is a 2008 made in Dec. 08 sold new in 2009 it says it's a 2009 but it also says it's a GS on some paperwork
    when the dealer pull it up it says GS/RS.
    Now on with the question.... I have had it since it had 600 miles on it, it now has 19,022.8 I have NEVER had any issues
    no codes not even a flat tire.... now for the fun. I went out Thursday to take a ride and when I started it I got the dreaded
    CHECK DPS - CHECK DPS - CHECK DPS... well since I was going that direction I I went to my friendly neighborhood dealer
    to have it checked out... well as it turns out I am told the DPS is toast and needs to be replaced. It never went in to limp mode
    and the tech said it will not, all I will have is HARD steering so my question is....
    If you have had this service preformed what did it cost ??? my wife is still suffering from shock, she says damn that more than the Harley stuff costs. What should I expect to pay to have it replaced parts and labor.
    I do have the repair order but will hold off telling you what it is until I see some of yours.
    Thanks everyone
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    PS I am sure glad I have another motorcycle in the garage to ride.....good ole Honda
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 08-11-2018 at 06:29 PM.