Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Oil Sprayed Down Side of Spyder

Hi, I was riding to meet some friends and when I pulled up my 2014 Spyder RTSE was smoking and had oil sprayed all down the side of the body pannels. I checked the oil that morning before I rode and it was at the Maximum Mark. I had one of my riding friends drive their bike back home and bring their truck and trailer to tow my Spyder home, It's sitting in my garage. We looked underneath and the oil is comming out from behind the body pannels but we couldn't see exactly where it's starting from. Do any of you have any idea what could be wrong and have any suggestions? I'm terrified that this is going to be a major repair and costly. I only have 8,132 miles on it so I really don't understand why anything major would go wrong so soon. My Spyder has always used up more oil than any two wheel motorcycle I've owned. I've always had to add some oil after a 100+ mile ride. I have never put more oil in than needed in any motorcycle or car I've owned so even though I know it's possible, it just isn't likely. What's my next step and what do you all think?
    Last edited by 1SpyderGal; 05-24-2018 at 02:11 PM.