Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie to the forum & this is my first post (or attempt at it).
I have a 2014 Can AM Spyder RT-S. We are leaving on a long trip this summer and I am looking into the Show Chrome hitch (41-164) and trailer harness (41-162). I will need to go from the 4 pin flat ( I think that's what the harness has to hook to the trailer) to a 5 pin round plug so I can pull my friends trailer. Is there a ready made adapter? I cannot seem to find Show Chrome's website---only re-sellers. I have read a few posts on this forum about the Show Chrome hitch and harness, but would enjoy some more insight on this system---if others have installed this system on their Can Am's. Hooking to the swing arm does not seem like a good idea to me, but I see the Spyder hitch hooks the same way. Every bump you hit is trying to bounce the trailer off the ball ! Anybody ever had one come off?

On a personal note: I am coming off a 2006 Gold Wing 1800. I have taken many a good trip on that bike,( and I will miss it very much) but at 63 years old it was getting tough for me to handle (only in tight places like slanted parking lots, gravel and such). My wife goes with me so I was riding 2 up most of the time and loaded heavy. I told her it was either quit riding 2 up or buy a Can Am, and she said buy the Can Am---so here I am. I have ridden the Spyder about 3000 miles so far. It's not a motorcycle, but it is a fun ride, and I can still ride with "wingers". Some of them are considering moving to the Spyder as well. Regards---Dan