Happy New Year, SpyderLovers...

After about 5 years or so of lusting after the Spyder...after about 5 demo rides in the past year or so...after looking semi-actively since May, actively since October...the fine folks over at Smith Marine called me today to say my new ryde is ready

I'll be ryding a new 2016 ST-S in Steel Black Metallic.
I really liked the ST Limited, so I added saddlebags, audio, heated grips...and swaybar, foglights...and a backrest for the missus, who not only encouraged this purchase but also authorized the use of about 50 square feet in the garage.

OMG!
I started riding almost 30 years ago on a Honda Rebel 250, graduated to a Honda Shadow 500, and then the 1996 Yamaha Virago 750 I purchased in 1998.

One day soon, maybe when it breaches freezing here in NJ, my hands will finally wrap around a new, unfamiliar set of grips...and I can begin to ride the rubber right the hell off 'em!

I'll be asking lots of questions and I look forward to learning a lot from all of you and hopefully meeting, greeting and ryding with many of you!

I may have to ask Lamont to change my profile name from Raprider to Rapryder...but y'all can call me...excited beyond words

Raprider