Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Some new farkles and a question!

Hi All,

With it snowing outside I finally got around to installing Doc's belt tensioner. Was really easy! I was impressed by the effort he has put into it, comparing what I got versus the older versions on the videos! The small things like finding a shoulder screw with a tiny 5mm socket head, instead of using pliers to tighten it up and remove later were really cool. The vibrations appear to be gone, couldn't ride to far being 40 degrees and snowflakes, was cold!

I installed LaMonsters pegs. Piece of cake. But now the question: I installed exactly like the video - see the pic below - , but even at 6'5" I feel like I am running spread eagle down the road . My knees want to "fall in." I got the large grip foot pegs. After looking at it and trying to see if I did something wrong, I just think I prefer my feet pretty much where they are on the floor boards, but forward. Looks like I can do this if i get the shorter pegs and install on the inside of the brace. Cruising down the road I liked putting my feet on the black deflector, so a peg right above that I'm thinking is the right spot - except the large peg won't fit if I flip it over to the inside .

Anyhooo... I was looking for feedback from other people that have installed and use the pegs! Did I mess up the install? Is it just my old hips complaining?

Thanks for feedback!
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images