Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty for FREE

On July 28th 2012 I bought my first Can Am Spyder RT Limited during the write up of the sales agreement the sales guy offered me an Extended warranty, I never purchase extended warranties so I said ....no thanks...he then tells me " How about if I get all of your money that you pay me today for the extended warranty back to you at the end of the 5 year contract" I looked up at him and said now you have my interest. He goes ahead and explains that if I never use the extended contact during the 5 years he will guarantee I get my money back. I was a little concerned as I had never heard of this before, I sat and thought about this and came to the conclusion that wow this is like having a catastrophic insurance for my extended warranty. I questioned him some more as I thought this could not be possible due to it being like a FREE warranty, he explained that if I had a problem with the Can Am and it would only cost say around $400 I should not use the extended warrant and rather pay for the repair, this would allow me at the end of the 5 years to get all of my money back, but if I had say a major repair say the transmission goes out or some expensive repair for say $3000 I should then use the extended warranty to pay for that.
    The extended warranty was not a BRP BEST warranty it was through a company named INTERSTATE it was for 60 months and it cost $1683.00 the insurance was through a company named " THE TORQUE GROUP"
    On Sat. I got my check in the mail for the full amount of $1683.00 from the Torque group .....so this was a FREE EXTENDED WARRANTY
    I was fortunate not to have any minor or major repairs for the 5 years I owned the 2012 RT as most of the problems I had which were all minor was covered by the 2 year BRP warranty.
    I did take out a Performance plus pre-paid Maintenance plan for 3 years with the Dealership which I believe helped me keep my RT in perfect working condition.
    The only frustrating part of this was the Torque group told me when I submitted my refund request on July 28th 2017 that the refund could take up to a 120 days to get my refund check and of course it did, they made me wait the full 120 days no actually 125 days for me to get my check.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White