It was 1 year ago today that I purchased my 2016 Spyder RtLimited. So, here’s a little recap of the issues and down time I’ve experenceedwith my Spyder.
Last Fall I had a parking brake issue. The Spyder went intothe shop on Sept 2nd and I picked it up on Sept 29th.That was a total down time of 28 days, which 19 days waiting for parts.
This spring I had the starter motor issue. The Spyder wentinto the shop on May 26th and I picked it up on June 27th.That was a total down time of 33 days, which was 21 days waiting on parts.
And for now, the parking brake again, other electricalproblems and the latch cable on the right rear compartment needs replace. The Spyderwent into the shop on July 13th and to date is STILL in the shop waitingfor parts. The parts manager is in contact with BRP every Friday to see wherethe parts are and the answer he gets is they will be there by the followingFriday. Parts were ordered on July 28th. So far total down time iscurrently 40 days and if the parts come in by this Friday I could have theSpyder home by the end of this month, which would be a total of 50 days of downtime.
The 3 times it’s needed repair under WARRANTY will be 111days in the shop for repairs and waiting on parts from BRP. I don’t have anymore comments about BRP and their customer support for their products. Everyonehas seen my rants from before.
So, it’s time to say goodbye. When the Spyder returns home,whenever that will be is anyone’s guess, the Spyder will be going on the worldwide web for sure. Too much hassle as far as I’m concerned.
I will say I have enjoyed my time on this site. A ton ofnice individuals here with a lot of useful information and knowledge to be hadfor you folks.
Also, I will say that when the Spyder was home and runningproperly it was a true joy the ride. The handling and ride seemed to be next tonone as far as trikes go.