ST Folk,

2013 STS, 21,000 miles, running better than ever.

OK, this is not a functional issue, there is no heat problem under the tupperware. I tried to find a dealer that woud assist in getting the side panels upgraded with the increased airflow panels, but 3 dealers played deaf, dumb and blind. However no issues with heat, pulled out the airbox and added JT air cleaner, wrapped the front pipe, took off the bottom panels, rerouted wiring, hoses, cannister, opened up air flow from the fog light ports. Runs at 4 bars, +- 1bar, depending on ambient temp. All good here.

My question has to do with the vent port on the right side where the fan exhaust leaves the Spyder. Highway pegs put my foot squarely in front of the vent, too hot in the summer. I noticed that there is a panel that blocks hot air from the floorboard and sends most air out the side port. At the same time, there is clearance and a smaller air channel from the fan which allows air to flow down under the bike and clear from the pilot. This path is smaller cross section and somewhat convoluted, but it would support air flow.

My question is, has anyone tried blocking the side vent and attempting to force the flow downward and under the bike? My concern is that the 90 degree bend in the flow and the reduction in flow area could cause an overheating condition?

Anyone have any experience here, any ideas or thoughts appreciated?

Gerry Fischer