I wonder if BRP is temporarily shutting down the factory. On 05-11-2017 I was told that there were no 1330 engines available for 3 months.

The above statement was both facetious and my venting of mounting frustration.

And now for the rest of the story.

I will try to make a long story short. While on a recent out of town (04-22-2017) ryding trip with friends my 2015 F 3s (11,000 Miles) started running terrible with power loss. Had it towed to a nearby BRP dealer. As this was a Saturday evening I knew I would be without any information until the following Tuesday.
Over the period of the next several days the dealer tech. phoned me with the following information;

1. BUDS indicates bad injector on cylinder # 3

2. BUDS indicates map sensor problem

3. one or both ( don't remember), exhaust valves stuck open on cylinder # 3, would need to pull engine

4. appears to be damage to # 3 cylinder wall

Tech. says he had long conversation with BRP, they want him to send lots of pictures and go farther into engine tear down to try and determine what caused this and IF it will be covered under warranty, the only apparent fix is a new engine. My response: what do you mean if it is covered under warranty, I purchased additional warranty coverage until Jan. 2020, he stated BRP has to decide if it is something they will cover or if it is due to owner/other negligence or improperly done mechanical work.
Tech. says he told BRP that he is concerned that after all the work he has done that if warranty does not cover the cost of an engine replacement, I will tell him to keep it and he will be out all his pay for work done. BRP assured him they would pay his labor cost regardless of their decision and either way, no 1330 engines would be available for 3 months.

Wait a minute, this began on April 22, 2017, it is now May 11, Tech. still has more tear down to do, and no engines available for 3 months.
I am usually a positive person but this is quickly becoming frustrating.

By the way, congratulations to Ann.

Mel