My lady friend has enough 2-wheel "Second Rider" experience to know a good windshield from an ineffective one. While the stock windscreen on our 2014 RT-Limited makes things fairly quiet and non-turbulent for me (5'8"), her take is quite different. At interstate speeeds, the windshield has to be in the full up position or else her helmet is all over the place from turbulence (we both wear full-face helmets).

During rain she experiences drafts such that the interior of her helmet gets wet; something which has never happened on a lot of different motorcycles.

Otherwise, under normal conditions, she makes out OK, but not as overall quiet and non-turbulent as on, say, the V-Srom with a good aftermarket screen.

Part of it is I'm sure due to the "king/queen" sadddle configuration, which sits her somewhat higher relative to myself than most other motorcycle seats.

For those who ride two-up on a regular basis, any advice? Have your experiences been similar? Is the vent at the base of some windshields of any value in this particular regard?

Any help appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Pete