Timing is awful and the dealer situation is miserable.

I need to vent a bit and then ask for some advise.

Louse 2013 RT has run like a top since we got it. Yes it was hot but never had a single problem. Until the recall was done in July. Ran cooler and we thought things were great but....In early August it died while on a ride. Had to have it towed to Mancuso north, over 100 miles. They piddled with it for over 3 weeks before they and CANAM decided it was the throttle that was the problem. On the right grip. They replaced it, via slow boat parts deliver and we finally picked up the bike day before labor day. Here we are a week later and 140 miles and its dead again. Same codes, same symptoms. Had it towed to my house because Mancuso is closed and BRP will not tow to a dealer that is closed. I'll deal with BRP/Mancuso paying for the second tow from my house on Tues when they open.

Codes are: P0122, P2229 and P2801. Non of which come up in Spydercodes by the way so I have no idea what they are.

Bike will attempt to start but stumble badly, and stall in a few seconds. Exhaust is strong with unburned fuel. Throttle has no effect while it is running.

Timing is awful as we have a vacation planned for riding the Spyder with a group of friends in Colorado departing Thursday. We are stuck, no dealerships even open today or Monday so nothing we can do until Tues. The likelihood they could diagnose, get parts and fix by end of day Wed is pretty slim and then how do we have any confidence its fixed THIS time when we are heading off into some pretty out of the way places.

Louise and I have been discussing the idea of trading the bike in for a new one and taking a HUGE financial hit just because BRP cannot make this one run. Trouble is, the new bike would need triaxis bars, comfort seat and a few other items either new or moved over from the old bike before the trip. All of that is serious number of hours in labor to get done by Wed evening to deliver the new bike in time to make the trip.

Not at all sure what to do here. Perhaps BRP could step in to help make things right but that only seems to happen for 'special' folks around here. I thought we had found a better service department, well they are better but Louise still has a bike she cannot ride.

I seriously wish we had never had the recall done. While hot, the bike ran flawless. Now its an untrustworthy machine they cannot fix and we need to get rid of. Thanks BRP.

I swear if there was ANY other brand out there to consider, we would be. HD and Honda conversions are off the table. Test rode and not even in the same league. I cannot ask our ride friends to slow down that far.

If you read this, thanks. I do wish to hear others opinions. I just don't know how to make this right, still make the trip with the group etc.