There are many religions that claim there is, and if you don't attend there church and give them money you are going straight there after you die. Well, I don't trust religions. They are made up of humans who can have agendas other than salvation. So here is my take...

From what I have observed, Hell can be any place. It depends on each individuals circumstances and perceptions. I would say most people and animals live in intolerable conditions on this planet. We who live good lives are the exception. So billions of people suffer every day, all day and all night long. Is that not the definition of Hell?

I was watching a program where a camera followed a guy who fishes along the roaring rapids in South America to feed his family. One slip on the slippery rocks and he is dead. He is out there, rain or shine eking out a meager existence. He has been doing this much of his life, and he is my age. We where born at around the same time, but our two lives are completely opposite by a seemingly random act of birth. So why am I more fortunate than he is?