Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Does BRPCare care?

The reason I ask is I've sent two PMs to BRPCare and have gotten no response back at all. One was about discrepancies in the RT service manual about jacking points, sent in November. The other was about my CB radio, sent last week, that leaked water and self destructed.

BRPCare, are you there? How about some answers, even if it is only "forget about it"!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Good luck getting an answer. If you are under 50, you might get a response during your lifetime.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down One Word

NO !

Spyder Garage

You would like to think so?
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Calling out a member... ANY member like that; is just plain rude!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    The reason I ask is I've sent two PMs to BRPCare and have gotten no response back at all. One was about discrepancies in the RT service manual about jacking points, sent in November. The other was about my CB radio, sent last week, that leaked water and self destructed.

BRPCare, are you there? How about some answers, even if it is only "forget about it"!
    What did your dealer have to say?
    Happy Spyderlovers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by StanProff View Post
    What did your dealer have to say?
    About?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Burped View Post
    NO !
    Once they have your money that's all they care about

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i do believe they care about your money, does that count?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I HAVE been helped by Steve...
    But that's not what this is about.
    The O.P. actually asked a somewhat reasonable question; and this is deteriorating into a:
    "Let's storm the Bastille, and KILL them! " thread
    (speaking figuratively; of course!)
    There are far better ways to deal with this, than in an open forum...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with StanProf. Why not ask your dealer. (and if the reply is "about", I'd suggest about the questions you wanted to ask BRP reference jacking points.

Chris

Spyder Garage

The reason I ask is I've sent two PMs to BRPCare and have gotten no response back at all.
    I'm sorry you hadn't gotten a response to your questions. The way we monitor Spyderlovers, we don't always get alerted to new PMs but we always answer emails to our brp.care@brp.com inbox. That's the recommended method for getting in touch with us.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Absolutely not my experience...

Quote Originally Posted by jtpollock View Post
    Once they have your money that's all they care about
    I kindly disagree. I have found them nothing but helpful....

Spyder Garage

Give Steve a chance. Maybe he's unaware, out for vacation, lost in the holiday's. He also may have been replaced. He has been good posting here. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I didn't read the whole postings. I see Steve is still with us. And he has responded. Back to the OP. Did you contact your dealer as has been asked? Have him open a case with BRP? Come back and post the progress? Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

If memory serves me right IdahoMtnSpyder did not buy from a dealer. He bought it used in the Northwest. Still should have no bearing on going to a local dealer to seek help. Warranty should still be good.

On an open forum as Bob said, is a poor place to vent, rant etc. about this. Had he gone to a dealer they would have handled it and put him in touch with the right people and proper address.

By bashing BRP we are only diminishing our own product to the public. He has had an other Spyder previous and well knew what he was getting into when he purchased the second from a private party.

I am sure if he contacts Steve his problems will be resolved if warranted.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My only interaction with BRP Cares was the result of my responses to their survey regarding the Delivery Experience. I spent a 30 minutes on the phone with their rep going over the particulars of the survey, and followed up with an email. I never got any follow up. I can certainly understand why some feel that BRP's care is superficial.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Well....

From my time here I have seen them getting better and better and helped many of us with issues. Agree that starting at the dealer level and moving up is the best way...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default BRPcare Does Care, But...

I've had a few different experiences with BRPcare - the organization, not Steve personally - and I have come to realize that they do care. That's not to say that they are easy to deal with however. If you want satisfaction from BRPcare, the after-sales support organization for BRP, you first have to understand a few things about them.

There is a lot of confusion among Spyderlover members about BRPcare. It may be helpful to some to share a little of what I've learned. (Steve, please correct me, if I say anything here that is not true.)

First, as forum members, some of us confuse BRPcare with the individual, Steven M. They are not the same. Steve is just one employee of the vast after-sales organization of BRP. If you look at Steve's signature, you will see that he is a Dealer Tech Support Team Lead, with a duel responsibility of working on their social media team. BRPcare is active on just about all social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, various BRP product forums (of which Spyderlovers is just one of several), and probably more. Steve is too kind to say this himself, but it is simply NOT his job to interact with specific Spyder Owners on this forum (although I hear that he sometimes does). In other words, sending Steve a PM is NOT the way to contact BRPcare. He couldn't possibly answer them all for every forum.

To get an idea of the size of BRPcare, take a look at the photo below, which was taken when the Montreal team moved into their new office facility not long ago. Steve, are you in this picture?

And this is just one office of BRPcare team members. They are also in many cities around the world, including the BRPcare U.S. office, which is located on the Evinrude Marine Division campus in Sturtevant, Wisconsin. BRPcare handles customer and dealer support for not just Can Am (both Spyders and Off-Road vehicles), but also Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo, and Evinrude Marine Engines.

If you need to contact BRPcare, as Steve said above, I have found that the very best way is to email them. The email address I have used is BRP.service@brp.com. I am guessing (don't know for sure) that brpbare@brp.com is just another address for the same inbox. You could also call the telephone number in the user manual (715-848-4957) which will get you to the BRPcare team in Sturtevant, WI. (There is another number for the Canadian Team in the manual) I have found that calling via telephone is not as convenient as emailing them unless you already have an active case number.

As with most vehicle manufacturers, you will get much better customer service if you contact your dealer (or any dealer) first. BRPcare has an extensive dealer support team that works closely with dealers. If you call BRPcare BEFORE contacting your dealer, they will often tell you that they cannot help you until you "talk to your dealer". Yes, it sounds rude, but it's just the way they are set up. Most (but not all) BRPcare case numbers are set up by the dealer network, and that's the way BRPcare wants it. It just won't get you anywhere to argue with their system. However, once you do that, BRPcare can be very responsive via email and the phone - but NOT on forum private messages.

I should add two more things from my own personal experience...

BRPcare representatives are not all perfect - much like any other large organization, there can be a few "bad apples" in the bunch. If you run into one of those, it's best to simply email them, tell them what happened, and ask for a call from someone else. They will respond.

The same is true if you do not get the resolution on a specific case that you believe is fair. You can always send them a letter (by regular postage or email) and ask them to send your case up the ladder for review. THEY WILL DO THAT. I personally had this experience with BRP concerning reimbursement of expenses for pre-recall heat related work on my 2013 RT. The ultimate settlement was indeed fair and satisfactory to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

BRPcare has helped me twice. I received quick replies and they solved my issues both times.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    I'm sorry you hadn't gotten a response to your questions. The way we monitor Spyderlovers, we don't always get alerted to new PMs but we always answer emails to our brp.care@brp.com inbox. That's the recommended method for getting in touch with us.
    Thank you very much for the response. It is good to know that we should not be looking at using PMs here on SL to contact BRP Care. This is the kind of information I was hoping to learn in response to my posting. I will offer some comments later about how concerns like this may be avoided in the future. I will also redo my PMs into emails as you recommend.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I HAVE been helped by Steve...
    But that's not what this is about.
    The O.P. actually asked a somewhat reasonable question; and this is deteriorating into a:
    "Let's storm the Bastille, and KILL them! " thread
    (speaking figuratively; of course!)
    There are far better ways to deal with this, than in an open forum...
    Good valid point. I think in the back of my mind I thought that a litany of negative comments could result, but I was feeling sufficiently frustrated I was willing to take that risk. The responses by Steve at BRPcare and Robmorg above are just the type of information I was hoping to get in response. I trust many of us have learned more about BRP Care.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Contacting BRP Care

Let me share my thoughts and experience about improving how we contact BRP Care.

As you can see in his response above Steve has recommended that email is the best way to contact them. Unfortunately that email address is not shown on the Customer Service contact page at BRP, which is the page Lamont has a link to on the home page of SL. I also do not find it on the SL home page. The email form on the Customer Service page does not have provision for including photos or other attachments and is limited to 500 characters. You also, obviously, cannot send photos or other files via a phone call. That is an impediment to relying on contacting via phone. I suggest two changes to the CS contact page. 1) Include the option to send an email directly to brp.care@brp.com using regular email; and 2) include a more specific note at the top of the page that customers MUST have contacted their dealer first. That requirement is noted in the narrative of several of the FAQs but it would be good to very clear that it is a requirement prior to direct contact with BRP.

I suggest Lamont write up a sticky for the General Discussion subforum outlining the recommended steps and contact methods to reach BRP customer service. In that sticky he could spell out that BRPcare does not normally take note of PMs sent to them and therefore PMs should not be used. This does run contrary to our normal practice of using a PM to contact another SL member, but is understandable considering how BRP Care functions. Maybe Lamont can include a non-standard option for BRPcare PMs to auto respond notifying the sender to use email instead.

There are two options in relation to PMs that BRPcare should consider. One is to disable PMs. That would force SL members to use other contact means. The other option is to have email notifications sent to the associated email address whenever a PM is received. If the email for the BRPcare account is different from brp.care@brp.com then create a filter to automatically forward those notifications to brp.care@brp.com. Leaving SL members in limbo when we send a PM to BRPcare is avoidable.

I'm sure I am not the only one who has wondered why a PM to BRPcare wasn't answered. Adopting, or adapting, my suggestions above would quite likely keep anyone else from getting frustrated and making a post such as I did.
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 01-25-2016 at 03:40 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default In answer to some questions.

Let me expound a little bit what led up to my OP.

Back in November there was a discussion here about a hydraulic powered jack to lift a Spyder. Discussion ensued about the fact the jack supports the Spyder using the rear shock support. Several members said this was a big NO-NO. Others said it was no problem. I searched the RT service manual to find out exactly what it states. The result? There is a clear discrepancy in the service manual, one part saying no, another part saying yes. Here's the thread. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1061375

I decided to see if I could elicit a definitive answer from BRP because jacking up a Spyder is not a trivial matter. BRPcare is a member here and a good contact so why not send him a PM? I did, and linked to the thread. As stated in my OP I never received a response.

Then there is the saga of the CB that leaked water. See my discussion here: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1082980. I contacted the manufacturer and sent the CB to them for repair. They returned it without repair as it had too much water damage inside. It what? As I state in that thread I then contacted BRP customer service who made it clear I needed to talk to my dealer first. The dealer opened up a case. When I stopped in to ask about the status they gave me the CB back and said they were waiting for an answer from BRP. The service manager called me a couple of hours later and said the response was "Sorry Charlie, the CB is long ago out of warranty so they no way, no how, would do anything." I do not know how much info the dealer sent to BRP, or if they opened up the CB to take a photo and send it in support of my complaint. I then opened up the CB and was horrified at how bad it was corroded inside. Because I considered water leakage to the extent that occurred to be such an egregious quality failure during manufacture I decided to try one more time with a direct contact to BRP Care. Since they have a presence here on SL, and I had posted all the pertinent information and photos in the thread above, I figured a PM to BRPcare would be the most efficient means of contacting them. The lack of a response led to me making this post, especially since when I looked at BRPcare's profile and it showed he had been active on the forum several days after I sent the PM.

So, in my own defense I believe I have been reasonable in my actions and attempts to get a couple of clear answers. Failing to get those answers I got to wondering why not? As you can see in the posts above we all now know why.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

IdahoMtnSpyder,

After reading your message above, I realize there there were two other things I could have included in my earlier remarks in this thread. First, BRPcare does seem more responsive to dealers than to individual owners, with respect to the amount of time it takes to respond to an inquiry. Even with dealer requests, folks have reported on the forum that it can sometimes take a week or two to get an answer for situations that are not the norm. I think they genuinely do get backlogged from time to time with cases. That said, I agree that they should probably work to improve their response time. In my own case, which I referred to in the message above, it took almost 60 days from first discussing it with the dealer to the final response from the home office in Valcourt. But I went through more than one level at BRPcare. During those two months, I emailed or called them about three times politely asking for an update. Don't know if that helped or not.

The other thing I might have said is probably obvious, and you alluded to it in one of your above messages. That is, when you email them, do attached as many pictures and other documents that you think cold be helpful to your case. It gives them more to work with, and makes it harder for them to say "no". Also ALWAYS include your case number, if there is an open case. If a dealer initiated the case get the number from the dealer before you email BRPcare.
    Last edited by robmorg; 01-25-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat