Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snbow birds

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    I'm a Washington native and that's what happened to us. People ruin their own states want something better then turn where they go into where they left. Sort of like illegal immigrants.
    Try living only 100 miles North of New York City, and watching the influx of urbanites change your Town...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Habib View Post
    I'm a Washington native and that's what happened to us. People ruin their own states want something better then turn where they go into where they left. Sort of like illegal immigrants.
    Like all the people who fled CA to move to NV! Las Vegas was ruined by this. They went to Vegas to get away from high taxes and restrictive business laws, then demand everything CA has!
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
    Like all the people who fled CA to move to NV! Las Vegas was ruined by this. They went to Vegas to get away from high taxes and restrictive business laws, then demand everything CA has!
    Not just Nevada, but Arizona and further states, too. I lived in western Montana one summer and it was full of California refugees who just drove up prices of real estate and taxes.

Spyder Garage

Guess I am going to be in a state that will soon to be losing its retirement "benefits."

Due to the oil industry decline, we lost half our Permanent Fund checks this year. We received $1,022 instead of the $2,044 we were supposed to. There are plans afoot to take it away all together. The Governor who did this will be gone at the end of his term...but once he has been duly blamed and punished, I don't see the state changing their ways about snarfing the entire fund for their personal use.

They are also proposing a state income tax to make up for additional funding. A local city councilman is proposing a 4% sales tax for the Municipality.

Pretty soon, all we will have is great scenery--and most can't live off of that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oil prices are being set up, to start rising again...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Guess I am going to be in a state that will soon to be losing its retirement "benefits."

Due to the oil industry decline, we lost half our Permanent Fund checks this year. We received $1,022 instead of the $2,044 we were supposed to. There are plans afoot to take it away all together. The Governor who did this will be gone at the end of his term...but once he has been duly blamed and punished, I don't see the state changing their ways about snarfing the entire fund for their personal use.

They are also proposing a state income tax to make up for additional funding. A local city councilman is proposing a 4% sales tax for the Municipality.

Pretty soon, all we will have is great scenery--and most can't live off of that.
    Sadly, once it is gone, you will never see it again, and one taxes start, you will never see them removed. Your state government is going to become flush with cash when oil prices go back up.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Oil prices are being set up, to start rising again...
    Rising oil prices are good for the Permanent Fund. I am still thinking that the Governors snarf and grab act was just the beginning though. A couple lawmakers took the issue to court, and guess what? The court said the Gov. was in his rights to do the act. End result, they got half our check this year.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 12-02-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    Rising oil prices are good for the Permanent Fund. I am still thinking that the Governors snarf and grab act was just the beginning though. A couple lawmakers took the issue to court, and guess what? They said the Gov. was in his rights to do the act. End result, they got half our check this year.
    If there is a source of funds a politician will get it and find something to spend it on. That's way all the swamps need drained.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone Sue View Post
    Why not Az? Because we already got to many northerners that come down and then want to change things like it is back home.
    Well..... just so you know, we got that same problem here in New York! But it the dam city people that move out here to the boonies, and the next thing you know they are at the town meetings wanting to bring in the same dam things they moved away from. So I get where your coming from. Last summer I was at a gas station, this guy getting gas says to me, Oh its so nice up here we are from Long Island is there any land for sale around here? My reply _ Nope we sold it all!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There's some real pretty riding; up around Sherburne!

Spyder Garage

There's some real pretty riding; up around Sherburne!
    yes there is. Sherburne, McDonough, Chenango County in general. But you know I've never been to Grahamsville. Maybe this summer we can correct that.

Spyder Garage

Shhhhh....Just keep this between you and me.....Tennessee is the perfect place....little snow....great climate.....NO state income taxes....where I live very low cost housing....low crime rate....and some of the most beautiful roads in the country to Spyder Ryde on !

But don't tell anyone else...OK ?

Spyder Garage

Try living only 100 miles North of New York City, and watching the influx of urbanites change your Town...
    Bob, I also get the influx of urbanites in my town. I get the over flow from your town. They keep moving north. Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

I am a native Indian-- my Grand Father and My Father & now me--
    You want to puff smoke about **** and who was here 1st?
    That is Ignorance.
    The past is the past.

Agape Love is more needed in this thread, i believe.

I choose to try to walk in that love.
    But I can be angry & sin not about some comments

I love R&R put another dime in the jukebox baby!