Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Narrowed it down, maybe?

Trying to make the final decision prior to taking the plunge.
    F3T:
    Has the tunes, bags and shield (plus column) costs more than an RT or F3S (neg column)
    lots of chatter that at HW speed radio is only ok and BT helmet is better sound. That I will be mostly doing local rides and a few weekend trips (life permitting) and ride solo as of now going to the "T" or "RT" can I rationalize the cost difference?
    F3S:
    would add wshield right off the bat, and bags at some point, (still reading reviews of SB posts here) not sure if I'd go "removable" or fixed mount as of yet.
    Tunes, BT helmet probably my fix for this, add power port for source, and ram mount.
    Wish $$$ was not a factor but needs to be figured in to the mix at some point. What I'm polling for here is the following;
    Went F3 and wished you went with "more bike" A T, or RT?
    Went with the "full boat" and felt it's too much except for the "longest rydes"
    Not wanting to be "Penny wise and pound foolish" going too basic and spending a ton o cash to add stuff to be happy.
    Garage too small for both lol

Spyder Garage

At the price some dealers are selling 2016 F3T/L leftovers that's the route I would go.

Spyder Garage

Be aware that the 2016 F3 T does not come standard with "Tunes" it is an option

2016 F3T with tunes is a great way to go.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

I went F3-L for pretty much the same riding style as you, but I do have a 3500km trip coming up that I have no doubt I'll be very comfortable on. As the guys have said above, if you decide finances allow, the 2016 F3-L will do the job with all the comforts of home, while looking pretty sporty (except for my 25" screen, of course ). Allow a few extra bucks just in case you have to upgrade the seat to a Mustang, Daylong or similar, or perhaps a windscreen, or perhaps Lamont's boards to alter the brake pedal position after you have ridden it for a while).

Even if you get the RT, you may still have to allow for the above aftermarkets. It does have a few more comfort farkles though, like on the fly suspension adjustment, electric windscreen, trunk etc etc etc)
    Last edited by Peteoz; 11-28-2016 at 06:40 PM.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    I went F3-T for pretty much the same riding style as you, but I do have a 3500km trip coming up that I have no doubt I'll be very comfortable on. As the guys have said above, if you decide finances allow, the 2016 F3-T will do the job with all the comforts of home, while looking pretty sporty (except for my 25" screen, of course ). Allow a few extra bucks just in case you have to upgrade the seat to a Mustang, Daylong or similar, or perhaps a windscreen, or perhaps Lamont's boards to alter the brake pedal position after you have ridden it for a while).

Even if you get the RT, you may still have to allow for the above aftermarkets. It does have a few more comfort farkles though, like on the fly suspension adjustment, electric windscreen, trunk etc etc etc)

You say that you have an F3T but your signature says F3Ltd, which is it? (they are two different versions)

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    You say that you have an F3T but your signature says F3Ltd, which is it? (they are two different versions)

Cruzr Joe
    How odd.......I have the Limited.......brain fart, I guess.....sorry....I'll edit my post. Thanks for catching that, Joe
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    How odd.......I have the Limited.......brain fart, I guess.....sorry....I'll edit my post. Thanks for catching that, Joe

, stuff like that happens to me often.

Cruzr joe

Spyder Garage

Default Well....

you have done a lot of leg work and it is looking like you are close mine usually being the budget i am used to building on wwhat I can afford...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default F3T or F3?

Based on what you may or may not want on an F3, I would suggest the F3 or F3S rather than the F3T. Why? If you buy the F3 or F3S you can add what you want and do it gradually rather than get the "full boat" on the F3T and then find out some of the accessories you don't need or want. I bought the F3S earlier this year and then added a Madstad aftermarket windshield that was much less expensive and adjustable than the Blue Ridge that BRP offers. I also added the Shad hard bags that are much less expensive than the BRP offerings. I can also remove them when I don't need them. I don't need a radio as I have a lot of music on my iPhone and also the Sirius/XM app and listen thru my bluetooth helmet. So I ended up saving thousands over the F3T even after adding the aftermarket farkles I wanted. You might also be able to find a leftover '15 or '16 F3 or F3S and save thousands more, then farkle it like you want it.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red