Spyder Garage

Default SPEED SENSOR TOOL

ok,, I dug into the tool kit that I got with the spyder to check the tire pressure and to do a once over on the exposed screws just to make sure none of them have come loose,,, I'm running 20 psi in the front tires and 28psi, after reading several threats this is what I came up with,, Now as I was doing all this I noticed a little chain hanging out of the tool bag and on the end of it there are 2 gauges ( simular to a filler gauge for gapping spark plugs) that say "Speed Sensor" on both of the gauges,, OK I am lost here, what in the heck are these for?
    Thanks in advance

Joe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpeschon View Post
    ok,, I dug into the tool kit that I got with the spyder to check the tire pressure and to do a once over on the exposed screws just to make sure none of them have come loose,,, I'm running 20 psi in the front tires and 28psi, after reading several threats this is what I came up with,, Now as I was doing all this I noticed a little chain hanging out of the tool bag and on the end of it there are 2 gauges ( simular to a filler gauge for gapping spark plugs) that say "Speed Sensor" on both of the gauges,, OK I am lost here, what in the heck are these for?
    Thanks in advance

Joe

They're for setting the gapo on the speed sensors when you remove the rear wheel for work or a new tire.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Spyder Garage

Default OK

Thank you,, I should have just PM'ed someone on this.. I will try to get rid of this threat now,, Thanks a bunch brother

Spyder Garage

Thank you,, I should have just PM'ed someone on this.. I will try to get rid of this threat now,, Thanks a bunch brother

I had seen them but figured they were for checking valve clearances. You helped us learn something again!!!
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

No need to get rid of this. Like they say, the only dumb question is the one you don't ask. Besides, I think that you cannot delete your thread once someone responds to it. At least I haven't been able to delete any of mine that had responses.

Spyder Garage

Default You got it

Yah I re-thought that one about deleting this threat, I am going to keep it there.. As for Dudley,,, Dude I thought the same thing but then I took a hard look at the thickness and thought " Nah I don't think so" but Maybe, just Maybe.. I'm glad I was at least able to have someone answer the question right away, thats to cool.. Later guys and lets see how this threat goes then..
    Joe