Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post

Ohhhh, that's cruel, just plain cruel (typed while I sit in my living room wearing flannel-lined jeans and a sweatshirt over a mock turtleneck tee).

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2016 Polaris Sportsman 570 ATV
    2003 F250 SuperDuty
    American Saddlebred Horses

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    Ohhhh, that's cruel, just plain cruel (typed while I sit in my living room wearing flannel-lined jeans and a sweatshirt over a mock turtleneck tee).
    Well, I blew that one. Motorcycledave's pic showed up in my composition window but not in the post, so I'm trying to delete my post, but it refuses to go away. Sorry 'bout that.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you hit the "Edit Post" button; it'll get you to some more buttons that can help...

Then you can hit the "Go Advanced" button, and that'll get you to where you should see a "delete post" button...

(I think that it's over on the left-hand side of things...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the Link

Thanks so much.

-Bill

Quote Originally Posted by cohoff View Post
    I found these on eBay for twice as much and they also shipped from China. These are currently 50% off for 3 more days.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...8.4.163.fwr35s
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

Default My Winter Gear

I am using on my 2015 RTS:

Glyde products:

Jacket liner
    Gloves
    Wireless Dual controller

I am able to control the temperature separately for my hands and jacket. I am a year round rider (except for snow and rain). The coldest months in Memphis is usually Jan and Feb with the air temperature in high 20s or low 30s (minus 10 to 20 degrees for riding). I am pretty much toasty. As for pants, I have a pair of winter riding pants but I usually go with thermals with no issues.

LV
    2015 RTS-SE6
    TricLed Front End "Vader" Headlights and Fog lights
    ..Top Led Light Bar
    ..Multi-Color Underground Halo kit/RGB Smartphone app
    ..CNC Machined Glo Hub Rings
    ..Dual RT Saddlebag run/brake/yellow turn signal
    ..Mirror Turn Signals
    ..2 Piece Center "Run/Brake" LEDs
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Comm System
    Sena Prism Bluetooth Action Camera
    Bluetooth Dongle for Audio System (Helmet/iPod to RTS)
    Glyde Liner, Gloves and Wireless Dual Controller
    Mileage as of Dec 2016: 15,000 since June 2015 new

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    If you hit the "Edit Post" button; it'll get you to some more buttons that can help...

Then you can hit the "Go Advanced" button, and that'll get you to where you should see a "delete post" button...

(I think that it's over on the left-hand side of things...)
    Yup, went thru the Edit Post process three times, hitting the Delete Post button each time, and it simply refuses to work.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ruralgirl View Post
    Yup, went thru the Edit Post process three times, hitting the Delete Post button each time, and it simply refuses to work.
    It is a glitch. I had the same issue the other day. I just modded my post to say deleted.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Firstgear Kilimanjaro jacket and overpants. Check BajaRon for prices. Layer as necessary with polypro and wool.
    you and the others who recommended Bajaron weren't kidding. I just emailed him and his price for the Kilimanjaro is the best I've seen.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimVonBaden View Post
    It is a glitch. I had the same issue the other day. I just modded my post to say deleted.
    Yeah, this has never worked for me. I tried to delete a post this summer and it refused to vanish.

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Spyder Garage

Default Keeping everything warm

I'm a female and on top of that I am a little female-very little muscle mass, so I am always cold. To make matters worse, I have an autoimmune disease that makes it easy for me to get cold-when my core temperature starts going down it will take me hours to get warm even wrapped in a heated throw.

With that in mind, many years ago I purchased a Gerbings heated jacket liner and heated pants. I also have a pair of Gerbings heated glove liners along with the heated socks. I am now using the jacket liner and pants on days and nights of 60 degrees or below just to make sure my core temperature stays good. I was in the high 40's and low 50's today with just my jacket liner and pants on and was toasty warm. I did not use my heated gloves as the Spyder has heated grips and was plenty warm enough with just my leather gloves on.

For years I rode with no heated clothes-it was the most miserable I have ever been, but thought if I got heated clothes that I would be "cheating" because everyone kept telling me that if I didn't want to get cold on a motorcycle that I should just go home and spend my time watching TV. (Like that was going to happen!) When I finally swallowed my pride and pulled the trigger on the heated clothes, I wished I had purchased them 10 years earlier.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Chiisai, you're making me consider heated clothes. Thanks for your post!

2015 Sypder RT-S SE6
    2003 F250 SuperDuty

Spyder Garage

When I go towards cold climate I usually wear my rain suit on top of my three seasons gears. I have ridden in 30s with only a shirt, riding gears and rain gear outfit.

Spyder Garage

Gerbing jacket & pants with heated insoles work great without all other bulky clothes. Heated handgrips & fullface helmet with head covering for head & neck works perfect down to 20 degrees.

Spyder Garage

Might be a little late but I bought the carhartt insulated coveralls had a few days here in 25-30 degree range. That's coming home around 1 or 2 am and had no problems at all

Spyder Garage

I have a set of leather chaps and a leather jacket. With some thermals and a sweatshirt if needed I always stay warm. Only part that got me were my feet and hands, but with these heated grips I'm in heaven.

Spyder Garage

Default Snowmobiling

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    What do you wear for snowmobiling?
    You DO ride; don't you?
    All Arctic Cat gear, bibs and all. Not cheap, just good

Spyder Garage

Default I'm a wimp

Heated Gerbing's - everything -jacket, over-pant, gloves & right down to boot liners. I have the controller Velcroed to the left pant leg. I stay nice & toasty. I don't like the cold - if it drops to the low 80s I reach for a sweater; 70s are definitely jackets; anything below that heated gear!
    Unfortunately, Gerbing's doesn't carry all the items they used too - I believe now the only options are jacket and pant liners.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deer Slayer View Post
    You can not go wrong with any brand jacket liner. Nothing like ryding in your lectric blanket!
    I'll second that one. With a First Gear liner from Baja Ron I took a ride on a balmy 36* day. The only other thing was a summer type leather jacket over it to keep the heat in and the wind off. Very comfy with only jeans, boots and heated hand grips, best hundred bucks you can spend on warmth.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TXrider View Post
    Heated Gerbing's - everything -jacket, over-pant, gloves & right down to boot liners. I have the controller Velcroed to the left pant leg. I stay nice & toasty. I don't like the cold - if it drops to the low 80s I reach for a sweater; 70s are definitely jackets; anything below that heated gear!
    Unfortunately, Gerbing's doesn't carry all the items they used too - I believe now the only options are jacket and pant liners.
    Gerbing isn't even Gerbing anymore. Get Warm and Safe or First gear. They have it all.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default COLD UP HERE

Quote Originally Posted by cphillipsea1 View Post
    Just wondering what sort of winter riding clothes you guys wear and where to find them. reasonable prices, please!
    I start riding up here after the bromide, salt are off the streets.

The outdoor temp is usually 36 to 40F.

The best vest, Pants are Harley Yes they cost a lot BUT I have individual t stat control for the vest and on for
    the pants. I had the BRP dealer install the fused wiring. They came right from the battery.

The wiring harness was Harley as well.

Remember that the clothing is so good that you must pay attention to the outdoor road conditions namely black ice.

Enjoy

Spyder Garage

Gerbing isn't even Gerbing anymore. Get Warm and Safe or First gear. They have it all.
    Gerbing is a German company that still sells in Europe. Their products are now produced and sold in the US under Gyde located in North Carolina.

Just had them specially make me several 4 ft long none coiled extensions to install the Gerbing "Panel Mounts" under the heated passenger grips on both mine and my wife's RT's.
    already have the Panel Mounts installed for the rider on both.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ZENspyderman View Post
    I start riding up here after the bromide, salt are off the streets.

The outdoor temp is usually 36 to 40F.

The best vest, Pants are Harley Yes they cost a lot BUT I have individual t stat control for the vest and on for
    the pants. I had the BRP dealer install the fused wiring. They came right from the battery.

The wiring harness was Harley as well.

Remember that the clothing is so good that you must pay attention to the outdoor road conditions namely black ice.

Enjoy
    The Harley heated gear and accessories are all made by Gerbing with the name Harley put on them. If you buy them from Gerbing (Gyde here in the US) direct next time you can save the mark up. Still not cheap but no mark up for adding the Harley name to it.

added: a number of years ago (20+) when Gerbing had a plant located in Union, Washington before they opened a plant in NC which is now Gyde. They actually made me a pair of heated gloves with a Specialty made right glove for my hand missing 2 fingers due to an industrial accident. Had me put my hand on a piece of paper and draw an outline, mailed it to them and they made me a glove to fit it.

Great company that still makes great products.

PS - Forgot to mention that most, if not all heated clothing companies apparel and controllers now interface with Gerbing's and a company by the name of "California Heating" now makes and sells heated clothing and controllers that also interface with Gerbing out of Gerbings old location in Union, Washington. In fact my wife and I just bought new jacket liners (ours were both at least 19 years old), from California Heat at the Motorcycle show in Cleveland (about 110 mies away from Erie), a few weeks ago. Prices were something like $200 or $210 marked down to $179 for the show and we bought two (1 liner each) for $300 total at the show or $150 per liner.

So if there's any upcoming "International Motorcycle Shows" coming to an area near you, there are deals to be made at them.
    Last edited by rutger; 02-05-2017 at 08:56 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rutger View Post
    Gerbing is a German company that still sells in Europe. Their products are now produced and sold in the US under Gyde located in North Carolina.

Just had them specially make me several 4 ft long none coiled extensions to install the Gerbing "Panel Mounts" under the heated passenger grips on both mine and my wife's RT's.
    already have the Panel Mounts installed for the rider on both.
    Gerbing is Gerbing in name only. See this: http://gordonsheated.com/

I have Glyde gloves, sold by Cyclegear, and they are fine. I was just stating a fact, not saying they were not good. However, many feel the quality is way down, and they do not honor lifetime warranties on older Gerbing gear.

Also, they are not a German Company:
    Gerbing's Heated Clothing B.V.
    Graaf van Lijndenlaan 3
    7316 EG Apeldoorn
    Tel: 0555 788 788
    The Netherlands
    Tel: +31 555 788 788 - See more at: http://www.gerbing.eu/en/frequently-....jw9IHCup.dpuf
    Last edited by JimVonBaden; 02-05-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)

Spyder Garage

Gerbing is Gerbing in name only. See this: http://gordonsheated.com/

I have Glyde gloves, sold by Cyclegear, and they are fine. I was just stating a fact, not saying they were not good. However, many feel the quality is way down, and they do not honor lifetime warranties on older Gerbing gear.

Also, they are not a German Company:
    Gerbing's Heated Clothing B.V.
    Graaf van Lijndenlaan 3
    7316 EG Apeldoorn
    Tel: 0555 788 788
    The Netherlands
    Tel: +31 555 788 788 - See more at: http://www.gerbing.eu/en/frequently-....jw9IHCup.dpuf
    I stand corrected on them being a German company. Not sure where I'd heard they were but apparently I was wrong. Thanks.

As far as quality. We've never had a problem with any of their stuff and the wife and I have been using it for nearly 20 years. Although like I said. We both just bought California Heat jacket liners at the Cleveland motorcycle show to replace the Gerbing ones we've had since 1997. But haven't used the heated gloves since we switched from 2 wheels to the Spyder's a couple of years ago.

Again though Gyde. Which now sells Gerbing just made me Specialty ordered 4 ft long none coiled extensions just like Gerbing did with heated gloves nearly 20 hrs ago at no extra cost to me than the standard item. Not sure What other heated clothing company's out there would do that. And at no extra charge.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

OK, I can not resist. Left all the cold weather gear in Ohio. Moved the necessary stuff to Winter Haven Fl for the month. Sun and warm every day. Highs in the upper 70's Light riding jacket required. Riding every day. See that blue at the top of the picture, Like that every day. I can see why the members from FL savor the winter months, this is great. Oh ya no bugs!
    Attached Images Attached Images