Spyder Garage

Default Garmin GPS Mounts

I know that the Can Am RT Limited comes with a standard Garmin Zumo. Mounted already in place. Does anyone know if there is a Garmin mount for other Garmin gps devices, which can, or will tie into the bike's audio system? I thought one rider I met at Birds of Prey, had such a mount which, looked like original equipment manufacture. And the Garmin I saw, mounted there, was not a Garmin Zumo.

Spyder Garage

Default Garmin Zumo install on F3 T

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    I know that the Can Am RT Limited comes with a standard Garmin Zumo. Mounted already in place. Does anyone know if there is a Garmin mount for other Garmin gps devices, which can, or will tie into the bike's audio system? I thought one rider I met at Birds of Prey, had such a mount which, looked like original equipment manufacture. And the Garmin I saw, mounted there, was not a Garmin Zumo.
    All Bluetooth systems only support one registered connection sooo you have to decide at any one time which bluetooth devise you want to use... no multiple connections. I just installed Garmin Zumo 660 complete motorcycle kit with everything you need Amazon new $340 on F3 T, forget all bluetooth stuff and very expensive BRP GPS mount & cable. Use RAM GPS mount kit that comes with 660, tap & connect well marked user switched accessory power cable under left panel. Drill a small hole diameter in top center compartment that houses short OEM male MP3 cable pass female MP3 cable from GPS mount into compartment & plug in MP3 connection. Load 660 SD card with tons (hours) of your favorite music, set radio to AUX, turn up volume (not t much, its has auto volume control) and enjoy your music that pauses for voice direction commands from trip route. Command & music fidelity is outstanding and the music is yours... no commercials. How simple can you get. This set up works exactly same for the very expensive Zumo 550 & BRP which I don't recommend.
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

The Garmin mount that comes standard with the Spyder may not be exactly the same as the Garmin retail mount. For example. The retail mount for the Zumo 660 is the same mount for a Zumo 665. But if you put a 665 on the mount that BRP installs in the factory. Some of the added functions of the 665 do not work.

So if you buy a retail version of any Zumo model. It will come with mount that will connect directly into the Spyders audio system. If you have a older RT Spyder you may need another cable/harness from BRP to make the connection. For 12V, newer Spyder need to add a connector to Garmin harness or cut connector off Spyder harness, then wire direct.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Garmin Zumo 660 and F3 T install

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    The Garmin mount that comes standard with the Spyder may not be exactly the same as the Garmin retail mount. For example. The retail mount for the Zumo 660 is the same mount for a Zumo 665. But if you put a 665 on the mount that BRP installs in the factory. Some of the added functions of the 665 do not work.

So if you buy a retail version of any Zumo model. It will come with mount that will connect directly into the Spyders audio system. If you have a older RT Spyder you may need another cable/harness from BRP to make the connection. For 12V, newer Spyder need to add a connector to Garmin harness or cut connector off Spyder harness, then wire direct.
    Hey Billybovine sorry for late reply and thanks for the BRP F3-T "official" install info... wasn't able to get this info from Ride Now Motor Sports, their service knew nothing about Garmin 660 but said they would be glad to install my Zumo 660 for a ridiculous high service charge. They also offered to sell me a Garmin 590 as this was the now BRP standard. Wow, how stupid do they think people are? Again thanks... I will install my 660 after Christmas using BRP info you provided.
    2018 RT Limited Spyder , Garmin Zumo GPS, Battery tender wire harness Show Chrome brake pedal extender Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Alternatives

I have the 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-SE5. Don't have the money to spare for the Garmin Zumo 660, so I am compelled to use the current iphone 6S with it's Google maps program, secured with an X-grip. The Car Carchet obtained from JT's Spyder Store, fits neatly into the empty space between the switches. It has two USB ports, looks like original eqipment manufacture, and supplies the power to the phone. A bluetooth fm radio transmitter secured in the trunk, and cable connected to the Spyder's audio system, provides music and navigational directions through the bike's audio system.