Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Road Trip to DEALERS in California (Disappointed)

I decided to take a 2-day road trip to Northern California and southern part of the Central Valley. Here is my assessment.

I was planning to buy a Can-Am Spyder in cash. I was informed the best time to buy a motorcycle is in November and December during the cold seasons.

1. Elk Grove: I was informed by the dealer they are the ONLY dealership for BRP Platinum Certified in California. They do not price match from other states ONLY within California. I actually did my dealings with them, but the price is too expensive for the out-the-door price in August. Based off Yelp, the dealer was not willing to give up to a lower price, which is under $20,000. However, the service and parts department are great. I did communicate the dealer, based off my price match. I was informed that the 2016 F3-S model had to be at the other dealer. I could not provide my dealer information to other dealers (Not yet). Yet, they were not sure if I could get the BRP rate, which is $2000 off. My quote form did not have no manufacture discount or BRP discount. Plus, It would have been under $20,000. I am pretty sure the dealer would not want to go under $20,000 for the out-the-door price.

Livermore: Did not have that much inventory Can-am Spyder. They did have the old model RS and the RS touring.

Hayward: Huge inventory on the Can am Spyder. But, I was unable to establish a deal or communication.

Lancaster:
    Dealer could not do the Navy Federal Credit Union or Costco due to being cheaper. I got this information from cycletrader website as the lowest deal. Still it was over $20,000 after taxes with manufacturer rebates. I also notice they manipulate the money for sale. I have two quotes from different dealers. Compared with these two dealers, Lancaster manipulate the finance.

Bakersfield: There were only 4 Sport Touring and NO F3-S models. They will do the BRP discount after the MSRP befores taxes.

Be happy that you are not in California. The only Can-Am Spyder F3-S is BRP Premium certified is Elk Grove, CA for the entire state of California.

Note: The BRP Boss is the Dealer cost. The customers are unable to see this. The 2017 models get a 3-year warranty. Most dealers do not know about the Holiday Blitz which ends in January 6, 2017.

About me: I am currently in the military, and I have never rode a motorcycle. I chose the Can-Am Spyder for their stability. I worked in the hospitals, and I saw too many accidents with motorcycles injuries including death.

Based off the video in Long Beach, CA, they were promoting Can Am Spyder for Military Veterans and new motorcycle riders. I am a Military Veteran & newbie, but no discounts for me. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by ussoldier; 11-19-2016 at 04:49 PM.