Spyder Garage

Default Idler Pulley Install

I just want to say a very big thank you to Kevin Elders for riding down from Orting, WA. On his Spyder to me here in Albany, OR. to install my "idler pulley" on my Spyder. Health reasons prevent me from doing so. That's a lifetime friendship not to ever be forgotten.
    Again, THANK YOU KEVIN ☺

15' F3S SE6 owner

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for that...

Just saw an install for the adapted RT vesion by Doc on facebook as well. Great to have the visual aids for these installations...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Yes it's a helmet lock from Lamonster Garage.

15' F3S SE6 owner

Spyder Garage

Default Install of Idler Pulley

Having just done this, here is how I did it following the instructions: ROADSTER KIT - F3 Idler Pulley_000131419_INS61Y016S88 available from www.instructions.brp.com.

Remove side panel (left - drive side) by removing four screws, three pop fasteners. Remove passenger seat with key, then remove primary seat (two bolts on rear). Remove left rear side panel (two pop up fasteners, slide up and forward).

Remove two bolts as instructions above, then install idler pulley, inserting the forward most bolt first, pressing down the bracket so as to release tension from the bolt. Install rear bolt, making certain clearance specified on instructions is followed. I like to use Loctite on the bolts, blue should be adequate. Torque bolts to 16 N-m or 12 lb-ft of torque. This is not very much for the size of the bolts, but is what they specify.

Replace panels in reverse order of removal and you should be good to go.

Road Test: This seems to eliminate any vibrations previously observed near the 65 - 75 mph (105 - 120 kph) range. Also, no vibrations occurred up to 100 mph (160 kph) on test.

Easy as pie, but requires the correct tools and at least some mechanical knowledge.
    Msmoto
    2016 F3 Limited SS, Garmin 595LM, Sena 10S, Belt Idler Pulley, Custom Cherry Bomb Exhaust
    Previous Spyder No. 003008