Spyder Garage

Default Removing factory GPS unit

I want to remove my factory installed GPS but wanted to check if there are any connections that might be connected to any other options. I have the communications package and CB and can anyone tell me if the GPS connections are needed for those to work? Can I remove the GPS (Zumo 660) without it having any other options impacted?

Thanks
    NEW 2016 RT-S Special Series Triple Black - ready for new toys to add
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Spyder Garage

The only other accessory I can think of that is tied to the GPS, is the cellphone interface cable. It uses the GPS harness microphone plug, so I think you are good to go.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 11-23-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cmar157 View Post
    I want to remove my factory installed GPS but wanted to check if there are any connections that might be connected to any other options. I have the communications package and CB and can anyone tell me if the GPS connections are needed for those to work? Can I remove the GPS (Zumo 660) without it having any other options impacted?

Thanks
    Any interest in selling the GPS? Or is there a problem with it? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Quick Query

Quote Originally Posted by cmar157 View Post

Thanks
    I too, have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S, painted in pure magnesium. It came with neither the cb radio or the Garmin Zumo 660. So my question would be, did yours come with the communication's harness already installed as standard equipment?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by beef56 View Post
    Any interest in selling the GPS? Or is there a problem with it? Thanks
    Thanks for the offer but I am going to hold on to it, just taking it out right now and going to relocate it later on.
    OLD 2012 RT-S Pure Magnesium Metalic CB-Navigation-XM, Sway bar, Ultimate Tallboy

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilderThomas View Post
    I too, have a 2012 Can Am Spyder RT-S, painted in pure magnesium. It came with neither the cb radio or the Garmin Zumo 660. So my question would be, did yours come with the communication's harness already installed as standard equipment?
    Mine came with the CB, Communication and GPSi nstalled