Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Question: re matte gray finish

I have a 2014 RT Limited with the matte gray finish. The owner's manual says that this finish requires special treatment and to refer to the CD disc for maintenance. There was no disc with the owner's manual or with the other paper work. Does anyone know how I can get a copy of this disc or find out what the requirements are for maintaining this finish?

Thanks,

Ken

Spyder Garage

I am not sure exactly what BRP recommends but, other manufactures say, "do not wax or polish". Many suggest washing with dishwashing soap to remove oil, grease and road grime. Do not use detergent. It is very hard on the paint.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

i have the F3 limited in matte black finish.
    i use a non wax liquid car wash. The best deatailer i have used is Lamonster black matte finish.

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/lamon...agic-detailer/

another product available in auto parts stores is Meguires Quick Detailer
    But Lamonster Black Diamond Matte Detailer is the best tio use

Spyder Garage

Dawn dish soap and blow dry after. I use an electric leaf blower. Had the same type of finish on my Harley Night Rod and that's what I was told to do by the Harley dealer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks to all for the information. I will put the car polish away

Ken

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kenr57 View Post
    Thanks to all for the information. I will put the car polish away

Ken
    I use these products from Chemical Guys on my F3T and it works for me. I'm sure there are other great products out there for most matte finishes. Now if I can only find a way to keep the dust off during my rides it would stay clean most of the time. I like the color, but it's tough to keep clean!

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...cal+guys+matte

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YTWBW5HJA50F7A

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BADY5HR793F0JW
    Last edited by vtrider; 11-15-2016 at 05:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Question: re matte gray finish

I have a 2014 RTL with satin finish. Great product

NEW! Glare Blast Quick & Fast Will Adapt to all Paints Flat or Glossy. Camo-Adaptive Technology. Use Special Discount Code 5190224 10% Off!
    Special 10% Coupon!

GLARE BLAST is the most technologically advanced spray detailer polish ever developed! This is not just a simple cleaner, but a true polish that blocks UV rays and protects paint against contamination and the environment. This is the only spray detailer polish with Camo-Adaptive Technology™ which allows GLARE BLAST to adapt to whatever surface it is being applied to including Gloss Paint, Flat Paint (Matte or Satin Paint), Clear Coated Paint, ALL types of Polyurethane Paints, Enamel Paint, Nitrocellulose Paint, Gel-Coat, Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, Glass, Mirrors, Plexiglass, Helmets, Visors, Goggles, Sunglasses, Plastic (smooth or rough), Rubber, Vinyl, Leather, Chrome, Aluminum, All types of Metal Alloys, Powder Coat, and can even be used on outer engine components and casings.

GLARE BLAST’s exclusive Camo-Adaptive Technology™ will make flat paint look like brand new flat paint without adding any unwanted sheen or gloss and eliminates and prevents fingerprints. When used on gloss paint it will make the paint pop with added gloss unmatched by any other spray detailer polish. This is the only spray detailer polish in the world with Camo-Adaptive Glassplexin® which allows GLARE BLAST to serve these two totally different and opposite functions for flat and gloss paints. Camo-Adaptive Technology™ makes it possible for this single product to enhance any and all types of paints in existence, and with our Glassplexin® formulation GLARE BLAST will offer you the best paint protection of any spray detailer product on the market. Whether your paint is supposed to shine or not, Camo-Adaptive Technology™ allows GLARE BLAST to know exactly what it’s supposed to do. It’s easy to use, it will give your paint real protection because it contains our proprietary Glassplexin® formulation, and you can use it on virtually all other materials found on your vehicle besides just the paint. It truly is the most technologically advanced spray detailer polish ever unleashed onto the car care and motorcycle care market. This is cutting edge technology in paint appearance and protection. It sprays on fast and wipes off easy. It’s called GLARE BLAST and it’s Quick ‘N’ Fast! Don’t drive or ride without it.
    4 RTL , RTL 14- Value Acc full size pedal RTL 14 RTL Satin Gray,

Spyder Garage

I use Honda bright to get my flat white clean.
    If I can't fix it, I will fix it so no one can fix it. Sypder Loco!

Spyder Garage

Hi, I also have a 14 RTL in matte grey. I use Chemical Brothers matte wash and their detail spray. Works great. Check em out online Really good stuff, plus, they have a wide variety of matte accessories...... Hope this info helps ya CYA L8R
    Grandpa Pete
    Peter & Kim Pontinen
    2020 RTL Dark Marsala

Spyder Garage

Anyone ever use TopCoat F11 on their bike or car, it's not cheap
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vtrider View Post
    I use these products from Chemical Guys on my F3T and it works for me. I'm sure there are other great products out there for most matte finishes. Now if I can only find a way to keep the dust off during my rides it would stay clean most of the time. I like the color, but it's tough to keep clean!

https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Guys...cal+guys+matte

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...YTWBW5HJA50F7A

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...BADY5HR793F0JW
    It may be difficult to keep the dust off, but the color is beautiful. Wish mine was that color, dust or not.