Thread: F3 U fit bars

Spyder Garage

Default F3 U fit bars

Now that Russell have kindly moved me back 2", I am a bit far from the bars. I am only running the stock bars, not the short reach (I assume short reach are the ones that are closest to the rider), so I might move to them. I can't use the risers that Patti found because I have the power plate and GPS. Anyone know approximately how much difference there is in terms of inches between the standard and short reach bars?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just swapped standard for short reach bars, rough measurement was a tad over an inch on the curve of the bar but the effect was greater, very happy.
    Jeff has put the standard ones on his Daytona so we will be selling the drag bars.

Spyder Garage

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loisk View Post
    I just swapped standard for short reach bars, rough measurement was a tad over an inch on the curve of the bar but the effect was greater, very happy.
    Jeff has put the standard ones on his Daytona so we will be selling the drag bars.
    That's great.....thanks Lois. I'll give them a go......I tried the drag bars, but they didn't work for me.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lucky you asked for info in inches, not mm!
    I am old enough to still think in non-metric

Spyder Garage

Default ? on your RDL

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Now that Russell have kindly moved me back 2", I am a bit far from the bars. I am only running the stock bars, not the short reach (I assume short reach are the ones that are closest to the rider), so I might move to them. I can't use the risers that Patti found because I have the power plate and GPS. Anyone know approximately how much difference there is in terms of inches between the standard and short reach bars?

Pete
    Can't give an opinion on bars...but I'm curious, as I am doing a RDL Ride in. You mentioned they moved you back 2"...Was that your request or what they recommended? Thanks.
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Can't give an opinion on bars...but I'm curious, as I am doing a RDL Ride in. You mentioned they moved you back 2"...Was that your request or what they recommended? Thanks.
    Karyl,

Since you are doing a ride in they will have you sit on the bike and ask you how you want it. and then before they cover it will have you sit on it to see if you like what was done, or if it needs modifcation. You will never want to get off your F3 with that seat!

Les
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Bit of both

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    Bit of both, Murph.......I sent in my photos and told them I was too close to the tank. They said the 1" extra height of the Daylong would address that, and they thought an extra 2" back would also help with long distance comfort. As I only do longer distances solo, this wasn't a problem.

This is my fourth Daylong and they have never been wrong with their recommendations, even though they are only working off photos. I did have to send one back for mods, but that was quick and painless except for the exorbitant cost of shipping from Aus. You shouldn't have that issue with a ride in fitting.

Good luck.....here's mine.
    Pete
    IMG_0416.jpg
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Default Seriously?????

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Karyl,

Since you are doing a ride in they will have you sit on the bike and ask you how you want it. and then before they cover it will have you sit on it to see if you like what was done, or if it needs modifcation. You will never want to get off your F3 with that seat!

Les
    Never want to get off my F3...aside from the need for a potty call now and again..I seem to do lots of that already!!...I guess I just better sell my house now....LOL.. Thanks Les. Hi Kathy
    My Motto Is:
    Live my life in such a way that when my feet hit the floor in the morning...Satan shudders & says "Oh, crap, SHE'S awake!"

Red Stallion: 2016 F3t SE6 (from Pitbull PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    White Knight: 2014 RTS SE6 and matching 622 trailer (from Pitbull
    PowerSports/ Springfield, MO)
    Ms Spydee: 2010 RT SE5