Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning and waxing products

Hey everybody.

What do u guys or girls use to clean your spyder and even wax it.. I noticed I few surface swirl marks and scratches and wanted to know if their was a good product to use to remove these..

Thanks everybody and ride safe

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Lamonster Black Diamond Detailer....I use it on the whole bike, spray on wipe off....easy peezy....
    " Fat people are harder to kidnap "

2015 RTS-SE6 Circuit Yellow
    Akrapovic Exhaust - BajaRon Sway bar
    Rivco rear Trunk Rack
    Lamonster LED Head Lights - LED Fog Lights
    Spyder Cuff - Hwy Pegs
    Ultimate Midrider Seat w/ Yellow Trim - Rear Armrests
    Spyderpops Bumpskid with LED - Full view Turn Signal
    R/T Front grill Inserts
    3rd Brake light - Saddle bad LED
    Baker Built Air Wings
    Doc's Spring Stiffeners - Vibration Dampener
    TRICLED underground LED'S

Spyder Garage

That's like a detailer spray on wax correct? Would that remove the swirl marks? I have some maguires detailer and spray wash and wash but it goes my remove the swirl marks. .

Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning and waxing products

Their product for removing swirls are good.

http://www.glare.com/
    4 RTL , RTL 14- Value Acc full size pedal RTL 14 RTL Satin Gray,

Very Active Member cognaccruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Jul0682,
    Yes, you are correct that Lamonsters Black Diamond is just a detailer. It is good but won't take out swirl marks or light scratches. The stuff you mentioned that you have won't either. Some products are just fillers and the swirls and light scratches will reappear after washing. Keeping swirls off your paint finish once you have them removed can be done by how you wash your Spyder. Just a suggestion but there is an internet company located in Ontario that sell quality detailing products and has lots of information on their site. It's called eshine and their website is eshine.ca. I've purchased lots of stuff from them over the years. Most swirls and light scratches, as long as they are not through the clear coat, can be removed but requires some work.
    Pretty sure you can call them and get some ideas. Not a big fan of the stuff Canadian Tire sells. Most isn't worth the price you pay.

Gary
    States visited by Bike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just another vote here for Lamonster's Black Diamond Detailer...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would like a wax that could be used on combination surfaces. The 2012 RSS that I have is shiny red (can am red) in parts, but also has a duller black finish as well. It is not flat black, but more like a carbon color or something. I want something that I can use on the entire bike. As for detailers, I have that covered, I am looking for wax.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I use C Magic detail products. Very easy to use and give excellent protection. Used for years on all my cars, especially my Vettes. This is the product that is used on all Corvettes at the National Museum before delivery of your new car. They have a whole line of products, just check their web site for details.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cognaccruiser View Post
    Jul0682,
    Yes, you are correct that Lamonsters Black Diamond is just a detailer. It is good but won't take out swirl marks or light scratches. The stuff you mentioned that you have won't either. Some products are just fillers and the swirls and light scratches will reappear after washing. Keeping swirls off your paint finish once you have them removed can be done by how you wash your Spyder. Just a suggestion but there is an internet company located in Ontario that sell quality detailing products and has lots of information on their site. It's called eshine and their website is eshine.ca. I've purchased lots of stuff from them over the years. Most swirls and light scratches, as long as they are not through the clear coat, can be removed but requires some work.
    Pretty sure you can call them and get some ideas. Not a big fan of the stuff Canadian Tire sells. Most isn't worth the price you pay.

Gary
    I just got my spyder last week and I things that I noticed and it kind of bugs me but I'll check them out for sure and see what I can find.. thanks for the advice

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by First Timer View Post
    I use C Magic detail products. Very easy to use and give excellent protection. Used for years on all my cars, especially my Vettes. This is the product that is used on all Corvettes at the National Museum before delivery of your new car. They have a whole line of products, just check their web site for details.
    I'll check them out. Just to bad when u buy a bran new bike and their is already marks on it..

Thanks

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I would like a wax that could be used on combination surfaces. The 2012 RSS that I have is shiny red (can am red) in parts, but also has a duller black finish as well. It is not flat black, but more like a carbon color or something. I want something that I can use on the entire bike. As for detailers, I have that covered, I am looking for wax.
    Hey BL,
    I use Lucas Slick Mist for wax. Have used it ever since someone from the 9 forum recommended it. Works very well, smells good and can be used on multiple surfaces. Also, a little goes a long ways as well. Its a spray way. I use it during the riding season, in between actual wax jobs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2007 M109R LE - To many MODS to list. Its cheaper that way!!!

Spyder Garage

I've tried just about every product listed on this page and here is what I think is an awesome product. Does just as advertised. Even the windshield!!! And it does last even in the salt water air here in FL. It's not just a wash but a wax as a well. Works real well on the black plastic as well. No more washing and waxing for me.

It's not cheap but I use it on the Spyder, my truck, my wife's car and even my stainless gas grill!!!

http://www.dualpolymer.com
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

I recently discovered Plexus plastic cleaner and it is outright amazing. Got a small fan at the Dragon store when down at the Smokies rally and it blew my mind. Got home and ordered a 6 pack online. It's not cheap, but I've never seen a better product for cleaning my Spyders..the windshield in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

first i have ceramic pro done to bike but i use glipton car wash stuff & sprayway for leather & dash, they also have a
    spot cleaner, spray wax & the absolute best ammonia free glass cleaner & min40 green on the wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I recently discovered Plexus plastic cleaner and it is outright amazing. Got a small fan at the Dragon store when down at the Smokies rally and it blew my mind. Got home and ordered a 6 pack online. It's not cheap, but I've never seen a better product for cleaning my Spyders..the windshield in particular.
    Ned.jpg

Do you have a link to their website?

Spyder Garage

Nah.. don't want to appear to be promoting a website or product. Just use the google and search for plexus plastic cleaner

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Okie-Dokie!

EDIT:
    http://www.plexusplasticcleaner.com/about.html
    It looks as if you can find it in Wal-Mart, and on Amazon!
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 11-10-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Lemon pledge all the way!

Sempyder out,

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jul0682 View Post
    Hey everybody.

What do u guys or girls use to clean your spyder and even wax it.. I noticed I few surface swirl marks and scratches and wanted to know if their was a good product to use to remove these..

Thanks everybody and ride safe

just letting you know I sell an awesome wheel cleaner (merlins blood) that requires no scubbing. check it out.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Plexus

I use Plexus on the whole bike, windshield, glasses, goggles, visors... everything. Use good quality micro fiber cloths and a California Duster first to remove any heavy stuff that might scratch. Quick, easy and leaves everything sparkling!

Same product on snowsleds & ATV.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tmcquain View Post
    Lamonster Black Diamond Detailer....I use it on the whole bike, spray on wipe off....easy peezy....
    I use the same product Lamonster Black Diamond detailer. Best product I have used to date.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster Again

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    His "Black Trim Renew" works great on all the black trim parts on my F3L
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Used too

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

From my experience with Plexus it is a superior product. Pretty expensive. It was designed for the airplane industry. That being said, I find Lamonster's product to be absolutely just as fine a product and it is about 25% more economical! And it doesn't have such a strong chemical smell.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scooterexpress View Post
    just letting you know I sell an awesome wheel cleaner (merlins blood) that requires no scubbing. check it out.
    Yeah I've seen that post on here and it's seems like a really good product for sure. ☺

Spyder Garage

All good products described, I'll have to start the ol Google and go check them out