Thread: 2015 F3S Seats

Spyder Garage

Default 2015 F3S Seats

I realize that my question has been asked before many times but I am going to be a
    bold soul and ask again. I need recommendations for seats. I do not like the idea
    of sending my seat pan off as I am on my scoot a lot. I had Ultimate seats on my
    VTX and goldwing and really do like thier seats as they fit my butt well. But ultimate
    does not offer seats for the F3S. So any recommendations based on personal experience?

Thanks in advance!

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang works better for me....

I have a '15 F3S that was purchased as a leftover about 3 months ago. The OEM seat wasn't too bad (for me), but I wanted to try something else.

I've had a previous experience with Mustang on a motorcycle (2-wheel variety), so I purchased one of them for the F3. Its noticeably better as it provides better support for my "outer cheeks", thereby taking some of the weight off my tailbone. YMMV

Spyder Garage

Default F3S seats

I checked their site and all they offer is a one piece unit that has both seats.
    I ride by myself 95% of the time and I am not sure how the one piece mounts.
    Is it bolted in place or does it some how hinge in front and still use the lock in back?

Thanks for the feedback.

Dray

Spyder Garage

Default ultimate seat coming?

I talked with the Ultimate people at Sturgis last summer, they said they will have an F3 seat by this spring. Hopefully they will have it done before too late in the year. I am looking for a different seat also. Looked at the Corbin but it raises the rider way too high.

Spyder Garage

Default corbin

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    I realize that my question has been asked before many times but I am going to be a
    bold soul and ask again. I need recommendations for seats. I do not like the idea
    of sending my seat pan off as I am on my scoot a lot. I had Ultimate seats on my
    VTX and goldwing and really do like thier seats as they fit my butt well. But ultimate
    does not offer seats for the F3S. So any recommendations based on personal experience?

Thanks in advance!

Dray
    Very happy with my Corbin. Espescially with the dual heat option. Have about 700 miles on it now.

Spyder Garage

Default Mustang Seat

I checked their site and all they offer is a one piece unit that has both seats.
    Is it bolted in place or does it some how hinge in front and still use the lock in back?

I recently bought a Mustang seat for my F3 Limited and didn't know if I was going to like the one piece seat. IT'S VERY NICE! I ride solo 100% of the time.

The front mounts like the OEM seat and the rear locks down the same as the passenger seat. It takes all of 15 seconds (that's if you're taking your time) to remove the whole seat. You can't beat that. It is a little nicer than the OEM seat.

The backrest is just OK. It doesn't feel as solid as the one I had on it.

I had/have an Ultimate Seats backrest for the stock F3 seat. It's very nice and I highly recommend it if you're going to keep the stock seat. It's very solid because the mounting bracket mounts directly to the bike, not to the seat pan.

I need to start my own thread with a review of the seat with pictures. My wife and I are at Kentucky Lake for the weekend. We both just bought an Iron Rider "Large Roll Bag" and wanted to see if we could pack enough for a weekend and not pull our trailer. I bet I could pack for a week in it. It's pretty nice and looks like it belongs on the back seat of the F3.

More to follow.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default NO TWO BUTTS.....

No two butts are alike, so this is just one opinion....I've had Russell DayLong (RDL) seats on a 2006 BMW R1200RT; a 2012 BMW R1200GSA; a Spyder F3S; and a 2009 BMW R1200RT. I've also had Corbin Seats on two Goldwings and one Honda ST1300. RDL is by far the best seat for me.
    jb
    John B.
    Current ride: 2020 Spyder RT-s Petrol Metallic Blue dark with OEM top case

Spyder Garage

Russell Day Long. What a great seat for the F3. I have a little over 5000 miles on mine, no more achy butt after a long ride.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feedback.

It pretty much slips right on and uses the OEM lock. Don't have/use/need the backrest, so no experience there.

Spyder Garage

Default Russell Day Long

Any chance you could PM me a picture of the seat on the bike. Or post it to the forum..
    Mike H. Louisiana

Quote Originally Posted by hawkiii View Post
    Russell Day Long. What a great seat for the F3. I have a little over 5000 miles on mine, no more achy butt after a long ride.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Cannonball seats may be for sale

I sent my F3's seats out for gel inserts. The F3's seats sit lower than the Cannonball. The Cannonball are considerably more padded than the stock F3's. Counting freight installing gel & foam cost $300 for both F3's seats. Not sure what $$$ price to ask for both BRP Cannonball seats.... They have 2000 miles on them & are in great shape.
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I'm getting the new leather Coast to Coast seat from BRP. They are supposed to be released Wednesday. I don't know how it feels but I love the look of it.