Thread: Thanks BRP

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks BRP

I wanted to take a moment to thank BRP for being the type of organization I always thought they were, not just a group of business people but a group of people with a heart. As many of you know the Spyder Ryders of America Chapters in California have been working closely with BRP to conduct a series of special Demo events to introduce the Spyder Line to prospective buyers. Our function has been to serve as the "Expert Enthusiasts" and we take out the interested parties on demo rydes around the roads surrounding a local Can-Am dealer. So it turns out that we actually did 43 such events starting in July and ending this last weekend. We have had a blast, we met some awesome people that wanted to learn about the Can-Am Spyder we saw the smiles on the faces as they took their first rydes on these wonderful machines. We met some wonderful folks from BRP including the Executive Vice President of Design and Innovation, Denys Lapointe. Denys conducted an instant focus group on what we liked and disliked about the Spyder. Denys jotted down the ideas that we had and actually drew them freehand and emailed them back to the design group in Valcourt. On a week by week basis we got to work with three of the best people that you have ever met. The master mind of the marketing concept that brought in Local Spyder Enthusiasts to conduct the demo rydes was Pier Luc Parent. Just the nicest guy in the world and very enthusiastic about the success of the spyder line. When he was looking to put these events together he knew that he would be asking us to give up a lot of our free time, and asked if we had any charities that we supported.He asked if BRP could donate to a charity of our choice. More on that later. Also working with us was Carl Gladu-Leger also from Valcourt and stationed in California for months working on this and other BRP events. Carl was just a joy to be around he always had a smile on his face and was so knowledgeable about how BRP worked and how the spyder got started we love Carl! Then there was Steve Lawler! Steve lives in Southern California and is the Dealer Rep for BRP working with the dealer network in California. Steve was always going out of his way to help spyder owners get things they needed and was just a great guy and just a blast to be around. These guys were all great and we had the chance to Ryde with all of them, even Denys came up to me at one event and asked if he could go out for a ryde with us, uh I said yes! Denys grabbed his helmet and gloves and jumped on an F3. The point is when you have the opportunity to work with people like this you see who they really are and to a man these 4 people were top notch individuals who cared about their work, and cared about the people who bought their product.

So then came this last weekend. Remember Pier Luc asked if there was a charity that we supported, and it just happened that all of the California chapters supported the same Charity, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation's Ride for Kids. Pier Luc asked if they could donate to that charity on behalf of Spyder Ryders of America, and boy did they. My wife and I drove down to Los Angeles this last weekend for the Southern California Ride for Kids and we were delighted to meet a new comer to BRP, Josee Perreault the new Senior Vice President of Spyder who runs everything spyder in the world. She was joined by rest of our new friends from BRP. After the ride at the luncheon Pier Luc, Carl, Steve and Josee and George Parry from SRA National presented Ride for Kids a check for $20,000.00! BRP Check Presentation ay Ride For Kids LA..jpg George keeping it short!
    Group Picture from BRP Check Presentation.jpg On the far right next to Ken Miller (yellow shirt) Carl, Pier Luc, Josee and Steve! Love you guys!

IMG_0250.jpgDenys conducting the Focus group!Fresno Demo October 28th.jpg Just another day at the office for SRA and our friends at BRP.

Thanks to everybody that participated in these events over the last several months there will be another $20,000.00 added to the fight to rid our population of this horrible disease. I would encourage anyone on the forum to seek out a Ride for Kids event near you and and join us SRA and BRP in the fight against Pediatric Brain Tumors!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, that is awesome.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

That is impressive! Thanks so much for sharing. Sounds like it was a great experience for all involved, even for those of us who didn't participate who will no doubt benefit in the long term from the relationships you built with the BRP folks. And even better news for your chosen charity.

2014 RT Limited

BajaRon sway bar, Tri-axis handlebars, shorty AM/FM antenna, Custom Dynamics HMT brake light with flash, Rivco cell phone mount, Utopia backrest w/pouch, Two Brothers exhaust. Lidlox helmet holder, FOBO TPMS, Drink2Go cup holder, WGT LED mirror light strips, Squared Away laser alignment, Kuhmo Solus 175/55 front tires.

Spyder Garage

Default Amazing....

Many of our members helped out with the demo rydes...it was awesome for them to do this it is a great cause and this is the first ryde I missed since I got my spyder back in 2012...well it was also moved from SD to LA...great way to recognize the volunteer work and help the kids...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for giving us this little-seen perspective!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That really is great news about BRP and the synergy with your SRA organization. It's nice to see BRP working with real users and letting them share their joy with prospective buyers. I hope the dealers realized the gift they received by having people help sell Spyders.

Also, this helps me understand some of the advantages of having an organized group like SRA to participate in. There's no such club in this area.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Default My Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    My pleasure Bob. It is so easy to criticize an organization when you see them as a large conglomerate with no face. Getting to know these folks made a real difference for us. make no mistake about it, this was a marketing campaign designed to sell Spyders. It was made easier because there is no requirement for a Motorcycle endorsement in California, so anyone that ever thought they might like to ryde and had not because they were frightened by two wheels could come out and give it a try. So even though it was a marketing program, when you work along side people you really see them for who they are. These were folks, like so many on this "bored" that were passionate about their work and their product. Makes the home coming even more attractive!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    That really is great news about BRP and the synergy with your SRA organization. It's nice to see BRP working with real users and letting them share their joy with prospective buyers. I hope the dealers realized the gift they received by having people help sell Spyders.

Also, this helps me understand some of the advantages of having an organized group like SRA to participate in. There's no such club in this area.
    Patti,

If you would be interested in how to form a chapter, PM me and I can get the contact information to you and SRA will help you start a group!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    When I started my reply you were a clown! Now you are a Turkey???? Shape Shifter!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Many of our members helped out with the demo rydes...it was awesome for them to do this it is a great cause and this is the first ryde I missed since I got my spyder back in 2012...well it was also moved from SD to LA...great way to recognize the volunteer work and help the kids...
    Gene you were missed! I was hoping to see you there on the Jag! Wha happened??

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    When I started my reply you were a clown! Now you are a Turkey???? Shape Shifter!
    I'm always some sort of Clown...
    But it was giving Patti difficulty, so I've switched to the next Holiday series of avatars....
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I became an "Inn Keeper" of sorts (airbnb) and weekends are busy so being it was in LA I couldn't make it...next one for sure...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

Next time I'm in the area.......

Spyder Garage

RFK LA Group photo.jpg Some of the Great SRA folks that made it happen in Sothern California!IMG_0023.jpg and in Northern California! I am so proud to be associated with people that have a heart and care about others like our Spyder Ryding Brothers and Sisters! Great Synergy with BRP! We Ryde to Cure the Kids!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was very proud to help present a check to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and the Ride for Kids on behalf of Spyder Ryder of America - National and BRP CAN-AM Spyder for $20,000. A giant THANKS to everyone that made today possible.
    Spyder ryder donations for the day totaled nearly $28,000, the Spyders dominated what was once a Goldwing heavy event.....

This was a shining example of what Spyder Ryders are capable of...and the big hearts we have.
    #rideaspyder

SRA and BRP.jpg
    2014 RT Limited , Black Current (blacked out trim)

Spyder Garage

Default ...and

With the donations from the Nor-Cal Ride for Kids we were over $33,000.00! Hey folks find a Ride For Kids Event near you in 2017 at rideforkids.org!