Spyder Garage

Default TBR Juice Box hint...

... install a switch to interrupt the ground connection. There are a couple of reasons why you may want to do this:

1. In the event of malfunction, you can easily disable the Juice Box. It is just a processor... it could happen.

2. You can conduct end-to-end runs... with and without... the Juice Box to see any performance differences.

I checked with TBR before I did this... interrupting the ground is essentially turning it off... the stock FI signals continue to pass through the box unchanged.

Note that you can only "hit the switch" while the engine is off. Changing the Juice Box's status with the engine running will definitely cause a "check engine" error... and probably a "limp home" mode. However, that will go away once the engine is shut down and restarted.

I just "mirrored" my pre-existing aux light switch shown here <just below the vent> on the right side.

Update: Don't bother with the switch. It creates a "Check engine" error when off.

Last edited by ataDude; 05-08-2009 at 02:52 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Did your mileage change?

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Did your mileage change?
    Believe it or not, the gas mileage increase
    Tuesday I'm planning to install the "trio" from evoluzione.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Where do you have your's set? Mine dropped 4 to 6 mpg

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All positions on 5, including the one for the cruise control.

Last edited by docdoru; 04-05-2009 at 07:19 AM.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Did your mileage change?
    Actually, with the Juice Box at standard "factory" Spyder settings, and the race air box, I got almost 40 MPG on the first tank (a record high for me) ... before the group insanity set in.

The second tank produced only 24 MPG.

Performance wise... the box and filter are a great combination... significantly better performance... especially at top end... maybe a half second better in the quarter... that's a lot. The "benchmark" bike I measure against did not run off and leave me today.

But... intake noise just absolutely sucked. Even with ear plugs, the sound was annoying at cruise and sounded like a hammer-on-the helmet at speed. The trade off for performance, to me, is not worth it... at least on extended driving.

There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Doc... I assume you're talking about the fuel pressure regulator mod and the O2 sensor eliminator along with the race air box.

I'm not sure what that buys you. Those enrichen the fuel mixture across the RPM spectrum. The Juice Box selectively does that for you.

Thoughts?

My Spyder:

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just installed the Juice Box and looking for some setting that have been good for you ..I like the respose off the line any one have some settings they care to share?

Thanks
    ~Lizzard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzard View Post
    I just installed the Juice Box and looking for some setting that have been good for you ..I like the respose off the line any one have some settings they care to share?

Thanks
    ~Lizzard
    It depends on the intake and exhaust mods. I have home-made duals and right now, an evoluzione race air box. I used the "from-the-factory" settings for the Spyder which anticipates free-flow exhaust and no air box change (I think). It worked just dandy... particularly on the top end.

I'm going back to the stock air box this week... then I'll test it again.

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzard View Post

Thanks
    ~Lizzard
    Welcome to SpyderLovers Lizzard. How about some larger pics of that paintjob? It looks vaguely familiar but maybe I'm thinking of another Spyder with, what looks like, a lot of flamework done.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Welcome to SpyderLovers Lizzard. How about some larger pics of that paintjob? It looks vaguely familiar but maybe I'm thinking of another Spyder with, what looks like, a lot of flamework done.

will do going to pick it up today it was at the Rochester NY Motor Maina
    this is the 1st pictures i have it was done by Cenzi Motorcycles from Spencerport NY here is some picture of when he startewd the painting
    http://www.cenzimotorcycles.com/tabi...trol=ViewCycle

i had the seat wraped in ostrich skin everything down to the swing arm was Chrome lizard 8 pack light kit....air horn...grips ...pegs.. and highwway pegs added ..also took out the center grove in the front fenders to make a smooth radius fender.. when its home ill post some new pictures..

Spyder Garage

Very sharp.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Actually, with the Juice Box at standard "factory" Spyder settings, and the race air box, I got almost 40 MPG on the first tank (a record high for me) ... before the group insanity set in.

The second tank produced only 24 MPG.

Performance wise... the box and filter are a great combination... significantly better performance... especially at top end... maybe a half second better in the quarter... that's a lot. The "benchmark" bike I measure against did not run off and leave me today.

But... intake noise just absolutely sucked. Even with ear plugs, the sound was annoying at cruise and sounded like a hammer-on-the helmet at speed. The trade off for performance, to me, is not worth it... at least on extended driving.
    Yeah - that noise can be pretty annoying. I added heat and sound foam on the top panel, made dividers to keep warm air from below from coming up into the race air system - then ran cold air ducts to the race system. Seems to work well, cut down a bit on the noise - might go back and put another layer of sound foam on and see if that helps.