Spyder Garage

Default remove front wheels to clean

Hi everyone. I'm cleaning up the Spyder for the winter and I've got chrome wheels and they are a pain to clean. I was thinking since there are only 3 lug nuts it would be easier to remove the wheel and put it on a table and really clean them inside and out. Do I just put a jack under the arm by the shock and pull the wheel off or is there a better way? Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Refer to your manual. I personally jack up at the point on Aframe that has a cross member welded (is further away from the tire). Is covered by plastic fyi but you can feel around & find it ez enough)

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Default Sure...

you can also place the floor jack at the frame end and jack them both up off the ground. Just loosen the nuts on the ground and re=torque them back on the ground...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I been using Maguires wheel cleaner in the white spray bottle..Spray on hose off then use soapy water to do the final cleaning cleans the wheels and tires extremely well.

Spyder Garage

Default Merlins blood

I got some in Texas. I tried it - it works great! See Tire Graffix, US distribution center. Easy to use, spray on, rinse off. Goodbye brake dust, hello clean! No removal required! Try some! Anything that works good to keep the bike clean is worth a try!! Joe
    Last edited by cptjam; 10-29-2016 at 11:08 PM.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

I have googled this and cannot find anyone in U.S. that carries it. Only thing that I can come up with is an outfit in the UK, and 3 listings on U.K. Ebay, but will not ship to the states. I am also looking for something that is great on break dust.

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    I got some in Texas. I tried it - it works great! See Tire Graffix, US distribution center. Easy to use, spray on, rinse off. Goodbye brake dust, hello clean! No removal required! Try some! Anything that works good to keep the bike clean is worth a try!! Joe
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    I have googled this and cannot find anyone in U.S. that carries it. Only thing that I can come up with is an outfit in the UK, and 3 listings on U.K. Ebay, but will not ship to the states. I am also looking for something that is great on break dust.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...CLEANER**-EVER These people sell the Merlin's Blood.
    I pull the the wheels and clean them. Just put the jack under Spyder just behind the wheel. If you look under neath you can see the frame and a place will present itself to you.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    +1 for Merlin's Blood. You can get it from the SL sponsor, Tire Graffix. It's great!
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

When I go to their website, all I see is tire lettering. Nothing about this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    +1 for Merlin's Blood. You can get it from the SL sponsor, Tire Graffix. It's great!
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Contact Jim Booth, the US distributor at jbooth9619@att.net
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...CLEANER**-EVER

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    When I go to their website, all I see is tire lettering. Nothing about this stuff.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thanks everyone, I used S100 which I've used many times but it didn't do so well. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Hi everyone. I'm cleaning up the Spyder for the winter and I've got chrome wheels and they are a pain to clean. I was thinking since there are only 3 lug nuts it would be easier to remove the wheel and put it on a table and really clean them inside and out. Do I just put a jack under the arm by the shock and pull the wheel off or is there a better way? Thanks, Mike
    That's what I did a week or so ago. I just put a pretty thick rag on the jack to be sure not to scratch anything and used a deep six-point socket on the lug nuts.
    Neil
    2020 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra
    2017 F3-T SE6 White / BRP Backrest / Nuvi 58 LM / Polaris Spring Spacers / CALSCI 22" Shield
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieSpyder View Post
    Contact Jim Booth, the US distributor at jbooth9619@att.net
    I ordered two bottles yesterday. Great e-mail response time.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)

Spyder Garage

Default Wheel Mop

The best way that I have found to clean the front and back wheels is by using a "Johnny Mop". These are toilet bowl mops that can be purchased from any janitor supply store, Walmart or hardware store. They are soft and will contour to any small openings. Best use a new one instead of a used one though.

Wheel Mop.jpg
    Last edited by TopCat; 11-15-2016 at 04:43 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    The best way that I have found to clean the front and back wheels is by using a "Johnny Mop". These are toilet bowl mops that can be purchased from any janitor supply store, Walmart or hardware store. They are soft and will contour to any small openings. Best use a new one instead of a used one though.

Wheel Mop.jpg
    No "Poopy Wheels" that way!
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic